How do I use my Galaxy S4 Active as a modem for my laptop?

Teacher

How do I use my Galaxy S4 Active as a modem for my laptop?

I'm sure it can be done, just not sure of the setup.

Message 1 of 4 (4,031 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: How do I use my Galaxy S4 Active as a modem for my laptop?

DannyC01 wrote:

I'm sure it can be done, just not sure of the setup.

For starters, you need a plan that allows tethering. That'll be either an old-style tethering add-on or a Mobile Share plan (AFAIK all of Mobile Share plans allow tethering).

Here's a good walk-through for a regular S4, S4 Active should be the same or very similar in that regard.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (3,982 Views)
Teacher

Walk-through?  Am I missing a link or something?  Or is your award covering it?  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4 (3,850 Views)
ACE - Expert

DannyC01 wrote:

Walk-through?  Am I missing a link or something?  Or is your award covering it?  Smiley Happy

Sorry, I could swear I pasted the link.

http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2013/06/how-to-turn-your-galaxy-s4-into-a-mobile-hotspot/#.UzGd_KatUY8

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (3,846 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.