How do I use my Galaxy S4 Active as a modem for my laptop?

Teacher

How do I use my Galaxy S4 Active as a modem for my laptop?

I'm sure it can be done, just not sure of the setup.

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: How do I use my Galaxy S4 Active as a modem for my laptop?

DannyC01 wrote:

I'm sure it can be done, just not sure of the setup.

For starters, you need a plan that allows tethering. That'll be either an old-style tethering add-on or a Mobile Share plan (AFAIK all of Mobile Share plans allow tethering).

Here's a good walk-through for a regular S4, S4 Active should be the same or very similar in that regard.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Teacher

Walk-through?  Am I missing a link or something?  Or is your award covering it?  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

DannyC01 wrote:

Walk-through?  Am I missing a link or something?  Or is your award covering it?  Smiley Happy

Sorry, I could swear I pasted the link.

http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2013/06/how-to-turn-your-galaxy-s4-into-a-mobile-hotspot/#.UzGd_KatUY8

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support