How do I stop Text messages from being sent to my email inbox?

Contributor

How do I stop Text messages from being sent to my email inbox?

Message 1 of 5
Guru

Re: How do I stop Text messages from being sent to my email inbox?

You might start, by sharing what device you have, and what operating system. If you don't have a texting plan, you can always call customer service, and have them block any & all text messages coming in. Otherwise, you can be charged 20 cents per text, and 30 cents per MMS. I hate that they did away with the lower volume text packages, like 200 texts. Now, it's either the charges I mentioned, or pay about $20 per month, for unlimited texting.

Message 2 of 5
Contributor

I have a Samsung Galaxy S II Android.

I have a texting plan - I just do not want the texts to go to my email too

Message 3 of 5
Teacher

Depending on the version of Android you're running these directions should get you close...

Select "Email" from home screen > Select "Account" that is getting the text messages > Select the "Options" menu from the bottom left of the phone > Select "More", then "Account Settings".

Scroll thru the account settings for an entry called "SMS sync". This should be listed in the "Server settings" section of that page. Uncheck "SMS sync". This should stop text messages from being delivered to your email account.

Best of luck!

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Although I have the Galaxy S4, these instructions basically worked for me too. Thank you so much!
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support