The Samsung Galaxy S24
jenlen87's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 15th, 2012 10:09 PM

Closed

How do I recover deleted files on HTC from storage?

How do I recover deleted files from my storage on HTC phone? I did reseach but found nothing that help. I also cantacted at&t but they didn't help eigther just switched around. 

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

Were they files that you deleted intentionally? I'm not sure you can restore them, unless you backed them up somewhere. If they are apps, you can re-download them

Professor

• 

3K Messages

12 years ago

What HTC phone?  Inspire, Vivid, One X?

Some people have had success using the program Recuva.  Install the program on your computer, connect the phone via USB, mount the phone in disk drive mode, and run Revuca, and it may be able to recover some files.  Some people have had really good luck with this.  One time, I was able to retrieve a photo I accidentally deleted.  But the last time I tried to use this, I couldn't retrieve any of the files I wanted, even though Recuva could still see them.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Keep in mind, I think Recuva just retrieves files that were deleted, but not over-written.  Deleted files are actually not deleted or erased, they are simply renamed, and still on the phone until the space is needed, then they are over-written.  The more you use the phone, the more chance the deleted file will be over-written.  Threfore, time is of the essence, and I would recommend you try Recuva as soon as possible, if you really want the files.

This is for files that are not replacable, such as photos or videos that you took.  As smooth4lyfe already stated, if the files are easily replaced obtained from somewhere else, its much easier to just download them again.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I'm having the same problem. will try your suggestion.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

seems works, thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Can't find those messages anywhere on your Android, and have no backup. If it happened before, it was really hard to recover those deleted text messages from your Android. But now, it's not so difficult. With an Android text messages recovery tool, you can retrieve them effortlessly.
Step 1. Connect your Android phone & enable USB debugging
First of all, connect your Android phone to the computer. If you've enabled USB debugging on your phone before, you can directly jump to the next step now. If not, you'll get the window below.
Then you need to follow the description on the window above to enable USB debugging first. Choose a way according to the Coolmuster Android Assistant running on your device.
1) For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging"
2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging"
3) For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging"
Step 2. Analyze your Android phone
After setting the USB debugging, reconnect your phone if it asked you to disconnect it during the setting. Then you'll get the window below. Here you need to make sure your phone's battery is not less than 20% charged, and then you can click "Start" to let the program analyze your Android phone.
Step 3. Scan your Android for deleted text messages on it
After analyzing your Android, you can begin to scan it now. Before doing it, turn to the home screen of your phone and click "Allow" on it. Then back to the program on your computer and click "Start" to begin scanning.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This is not true for latest andorid. Google has removed mass storage for latest andorid.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.