The Samsung Galaxy S24
tshepbird's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 10:41 PM

How do I back up my HTC Vivid to my computer?

Just need someone to walk me through how to back up my HTC Vivid with my laptop? 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I really need to know.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

OP is a bit vague.  What are you guys trying to backup?

If its just contact info, just backup to Gmail. 

If you want to backup SMS, there are various means to do so.  I use the app SMS Backup +, which backs up SMS to Gmail.

If you want to backup pics or videos you have taken, just attach the phone to your PC using the USB cable.  Then just copy and paste the desired files to your PC.  Same goes with any attachments, documents, etc.

If you want to backup app data (such as game saves) there is no comprehensive way of doing so, without root.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I want to make a complete phone backup. Contacts, apps, music, settings. It's not like I can plug my phone up to iTunes like I can with an iPhone.

Scholar

• 

211 Messages

11 years ago

With the Android OS, non-rooted I am not aware of any way to do what you ask.

This is a feature that I miss the most from my previous long line of Nokia Symbian phones--the ability to make backups and transfer to a new phone without giving up anything.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

11 years ago

if you have android 4.0.x or greater os there is a way to backup app data without root using the Android Debug Bridge (ADB). You have to know what you are doing with a command prompt. there is a thread on xda forums

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@babyrockstarkb wrote:

I want to make a complete phone backup. Contacts, apps, music, settings. It's not like I can plug my phone up to iTunes like I can with an iPhone.

Thank god.  iTunes is a bloated bag of junk, and Android performs just about every function that iTunes does, without that worthless piece of bloatware.

If you want a complete backup of you phone, you however have to be rooted.  Then install Clockworkmod on your phone, and make a backup.  But first, be aware of the risks of modifying your phone before doing anything.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.