The Samsung Galaxy S24
oldcrow74's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, December 12th, 2014 5:00 PM

How can I stop these software updates? They always fail.

What do I have to do to stop AT&T from constantly trying to push software updates that ALWAYS fail?  It's to the point where my Samsung Galaxy 5 reboots a half dozen times a day trying to update the software and every single time it fails.  I'm ready to throw the {edited for word filter evasion} thing out the window and going back to my trusty Nokia flip phone.  I'm starting to hate this phone AND AT&T.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

You should change the settings to update on wifi only. This way the phone will only update when you are at home, can plug in to power and has good wifi connection.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Give me a break.  This is happening at home, plugged in, and with a good wifi connection.  It has nothing to do with the connection.  I said the update fails.  I didn't say that it doesn't connect or doesn't download.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

What updates? To which apps or system? Do you have protection software preventing the updates?
How full is your phone?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

System updates from AT&T.  My phone is nowhere near full as I don't play games or load up on apps or multimedia.  There is no protection software running.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

The updates need to go through. They don't usually do well over cellular. Is there a place with reliable wifi you can use?
Alternate is to go to an AT&T store, or Best Buy ( they have a Samsung desk ). And have the updates done by them via cable.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

You must be a customer service rep, because you don't read what I write.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

If an employee visits here, they are clearly identified as such.

What is it you think I do not understand?

Guru

• 

901 Messages

9 years ago

@oldcrow74 wrote:

You must be a customer service rep, because you don't read what I write.

Have you tried to contact AT&T CS about your issue?  This forum is for customers to talk to each other, but with your type of issue you need to contact CS either over the phone or with their live chat.  If you call them don't use the phone that you are having issues with, since they will probably want to walk you through trying to fix your issue.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

9 years ago

You're right, I wish I could stop the updates too!  When my S4 works perectly, as in the past, along comes "updates" that work (for me) but seem to add more junk to the phone and/or slow it down considerably.  And you're right again -- it's SO hard to get a decent answer from anyone, as you've experienced.  Some of the responses you got were frustrating, I know.  Does anyone understand simple English!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

update are most of the time security patches.

My suggestion to the op is take the phone to a samsung experience store in best buy and have them flash the newest firmware to the phone.  Or you can goto an att store with a device support center.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.