Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 1, 2011
12:40:29 AM
How can I play my DVDs on Inspire 4G ? Does it play .vob file ?
Edited by Adroidfan on Jun 1, 2011 at 12:41:10 AM

I wonder Is there a way to get DVD to play on my Inspire 4G? I’ve copied a DVD movie to Inspire 4G but the device does not recognize the file when I paste it into my Media folder. What file extension does Inspire 4G play? Does it play .vob file?

I wonder Is there a way to get DVD to play on my Inspire 4G? I’ve copied a DVD movie to Inspire 4G but the device does not recognize the file when I paste it into my Media folder. What file extension does Inspire 4G play? Does it play .vob file?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 2, 2011 1:50:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

The manual says Inspire 4G plays 3gp, 3g2, mp4, and wmv format. And you see vob is not there. Try some encoder like Pavtube. I’ll suggest you convert DVD to H.264 mp4 video.
Here’s a guide to follow:
http://www.pavtube.com/guide/rip-dvd-blu-ray-movie-to-htc-inspire-4g.html

Accepted Solution

How can I play my DVDs on Inspire 4G ? Does it play .vob file ?

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2011 7:35:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Jun 1, 2011 at 7:38:57 AM

From what I can find browsing around on the net, there is no good way to play a VOB file on an Android phone.  Plus, VOB files are huge, and the resolution is much higher than needed for the screen size. 

Arc Player on the Market claims to support VOB.  You can try it, but I have the feeling that the results will be disappointing.  The VOB format is just to much for the hardware to handle.

Try using a convertor like Handbrake to rip the movie to MP4 or AVI.

From what I can find browsing around on the net, there is no good way to play a VOB file on an Android phone.  Plus, VOB files are huge, and the resolution is much higher than needed for the screen size. 

Arc Player on the Market claims to support VOB.  You can try it, but I have the feeling that the results will be disappointing.  The VOB format is just to much for the hardware to handle.

Try using a convertor like Handbrake to rip the movie to MP4 or AVI.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How can I play my DVDs on Inspire 4G ? Does it play .vob file ?

[ Edited ]
2 of 8 (1,215 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 2, 2011 1:50:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

The manual says Inspire 4G plays 3gp, 3g2, mp4, and wmv format. And you see vob is not there. Try some encoder like Pavtube. I’ll suggest you convert DVD to H.264 mp4 video.

3 of 8 (1,182 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2011 4:23:22 AM
(0)
Master
I have also heard DVD Catalyst should work as well (if I remember correctly from the other forum that I read.).
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
I have also heard DVD Catalyst should work as well (if I remember correctly from the other forum that I read.).
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

4 of 8 (1,176 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2011 5:55:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Pavtube and DVD Catalyst are both paid applications.  Try Handbrake to encode movies to another format, its free and works great.

Pavtube and DVD Catalyst are both paid applications.  Try Handbrake to encode movies to another format, its free and works great.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 8 (1,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 4:22:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks. You’re so helpful! And I must say, the Inspire 4G plays .mp4 great. Stunning picture and smooth motion. Everything’s fine. 

Thanks. You’re so helpful! And I must say, the Inspire 4G plays .mp4 great. Stunning picture and smooth motion. Everything’s fine. 

6 of 8 (1,144 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2011 9:54:38 AM
(0)
Professor

Adroidfan wrote:

You can install alternate players from the market for additional support. I installed MoboPlayer for avi support and it works great with excellent quality.

Adroidfan wrote:

You can install alternate players from the market for additional support. I installed MoboPlayer for avi support and it works great with excellent quality.

7 of 8 (1,120 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2011 6:42:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Adroidfan wrote:

Did you go with the suggestion to encode your movies using one of the recommended apps?  If so, you should post your experience, so others can learn from them.

Another good alternate video player for Android is Rock Player. 

Adroidfan wrote:

Did you go with the suggestion to encode your movies using one of the recommended apps?  If so, you should post your experience, so others can learn from them.

Another good alternate video player for Android is Rock Player. 

8 of 8 (1,081 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments