For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Adroidfan's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, June 1st, 2011 7:40 AM

How can I play my DVDs on Inspire 4G ? Does it play .vob file ?

I wonder Is there a way to get DVD to play on my Inspire 4G? I’ve copied a DVD movie to Inspire 4G but the device does not recognize the file when I paste it into my Media folder. What file extension does Inspire 4G play? Does it play .vob file?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

The manual says Inspire 4G plays 3gp, 3g2, mp4, and wmv format. And you see vob is not there. Try some encoder like Pavtube. I’ll suggest you convert DVD to H.264 mp4 video.
Here’s a guide to follow:
http://www.pavtube.com/guide/rip-dvd-blu-ray-movie-to-htc-inspire-4g.html

Professor

• 

3K Messages

13 years ago

From what I can find browsing around on the net, there is no good way to play a VOB file on an Android phone.  Plus, VOB files are huge, and the resolution is much higher than needed for the screen size. 

Arc Player on the Market claims to support VOB.  You can try it, but I have the feeling that the results will be disappointing.  The VOB format is just to much for the hardware to handle.

Try using a convertor like Handbrake to rip the movie to MP4 or AVI.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

I have also heard DVD Catalyst should work as well (if I remember correctly from the other forum that I read.).

Professor

• 

3K Messages

13 years ago

Pavtube and DVD Catalyst are both paid applications.  Try Handbrake to encode movies to another format, its free and works great.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks. You’re so helpful! And I must say, the Inspire 4G plays .mp4 great. Stunning picture and smooth motion. Everything’s fine.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

@Adroidfan wrote:

Thanks. You’re so helpful! And I must say, the Inspire 4G plays .mp4 great. Stunning picture and smooth motion. Everything’s fine.

You can install alternate players from the market for additional support. I installed MoboPlayer for avi support and it works great with excellent quality.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

13 years ago

@Adroidfan wrote:

Did you go with the suggestion to encode your movies using one of the recommended apps?  If so, you should post your experience, so others can learn from them.

Another good alternate video player for Android is Rock Player. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.