The Samsung Galaxy S24
learnem's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, July 17th, 2010 11:43 AM

How Stupid is AT and T?

I picked up the Pantech Ease the other day for the wife and I.  After going through the rigors of the new phone learning curve, there were many things that I couldnt do with my phone....

I still cannot connect my phone with my computer, so I can sync it with outlook, so I can get my hundreds of contacts from my Blackberry

here is the kicker

the reason why?

FREEKIN Pantech still has yet to release the freekin USB driver to allow the phone to connect to the computer!!!

What the heck AT and T...you sell me a device that you KNEW wasnt fully capable of performing all the tasks that are listed with this phone?

meanwhile, Im stuck MANUALLY entering phonebook entries from my blackberry to my pantech, because AT and T DIDNT DO THEIR HOMEWORK!!

NICE JOB AT AND T  (sarcasm)

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

14 years ago

Usb drivers would get you access to the internal memory. The internal memory is so small it would really be useless. It would be best to get a micro sd memory card and then connect as a mass storage device. You don't need drivers for that, just the cable. You should have copied your contacts to the sim card on your previous device, and then transferred the contacts to your new device from the sim card. This is your homework to do, not AT&T's, although any good rep should have advised you of this, if you purchased in store. If you still have the previous device, you can still do it, if you haven't deleted the contacts off of it.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

14 years ago

no man...i don't need the usb driver for that...BTW  i DO have a micro sd card

i need the usb driver to sync my contacts from my blackberry to my pantec...did you not read??  If you actually knew what you were talking about, you cannot copy blackberry contacts to sim cards because of multiple  numbers for one contact

you need to do your homework {Please keep it courteous}

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

14 years ago

@learnem wrote:

no man...i don't need the usb driver for that...BTW  i DO have a micro sd card

i need the usb driver to sync my contacts from my blackberry to my pantec...did you not read??  If you actually knew what you were talking about, you cannot copy blackberry contacts to sim cards because of multiple  numbers for one contact

you need to do your homework {Please keep it courteous}

I was unclear on what you are trying to do because what you are trying to do is not possible and I figured you would have done your homework and known that. The Pantech Ease is a dumbphone and does not sync with Outlook. I thought you were dealing with two seperate issues. I have a Pantech smartphone and can connect to PC and sync with Outlook without having had install usb drivers. It is done through Microsoft ActiveSync. Your problem is you have downgraded to a dumbphone and have lost that functionality. I also have multiple numbers for contacts and can save to the sim card with no problems. It even keeps the multiple numbers under a single contact.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

14 years ago

On the PantechUSA web site, the PC Sync download page for the Ease says:

PC Sync
    - Allows you to synchronise personal data saved in the Phone with the data saved in the PC's personal information management program. PC Sync supports both Microsoft, Outlook, and Outlook Express.

So it's not such an unreasonable request. We are still trying to get the driver to work on WinXP. We've installed it per instructions, but we still get Driver not found.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

That would be spelled " Freakin' "

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

14 years ago

Although I have a Pursuit and running Windows 7, perhaps this will help you install the USB driver...

Download the appropriate version of Pantech PC Suite (for Windows) from Pantech website, here's the link:

http://pantechusa.com/phones/ease/updates

Run that downloaded program to install the USB driver along with the PC Suite control panel (without the phone connected to the computer).  After installation, plug your phone into the USB connection (requires appropriate cable for your phone); if you don't have the proper USB cable, you may wish to try connecting via Bluetooth if your computer supports that.

Start PC Suite.  You'll see an item called "PC Sync", select it.  That opens PC Sync window; select "Options", then select sync with "Outlook" or "Outlook Express" as appropriate.  You'll also see the separate items to sync, eg Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes with a "Setting" button for each where you can select the direction of sync you want.  When you're done setting it up, "Ok" out to the main PC Sync control panel.  Make sure your phone is connected to the computer by looking at the status message in the lower-right corner (should say "P2020 Connected"); if it isn't, check the File-Connection menu item and make sure that "USB" is selected (I use the Bluetooth connection myself, which works well except a couple extra steps to get it connected). Once your phone is connected, click on "Sync".

I have run into a couple bugs syncing my Pursuit with Outlook 2003 via Pantech PC Suite, esp involving recurring Calendar appointments and certain Contact fields.  But that's another story.  At least you should be able to get your Contacts over to the Ease.  I'm assuming that you have already synced your old Blackberry to Outlook via whatever software is needed for that.

If you still have trouble getting the Pantech driver to install, try this:

- Launch Windows Explorer (one way: right-click on Start button, select Explorer).

- In folder tree, navigate to My Computer, C:\Program Files\Pantech\Pantech PC Suite\Pxxxx\USB Driver (folder)

- In that folder, you should see a setup program, eg "PTQH_V1_1_4583_1215_SETUP.exe"; launch that (double-click).  This should install the USB driver.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

No kudos.  3 years later and no driver!!!! lol.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.