How do I use my phone as a hotspot???

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Tinaneville
‎11-30-2017 10:04 PM

Re: Hotspot

@TinanevilleIt's typically under Settings->Data (of some sort, customizations apply).

You want to set a password first though, before you actually enable it, to prevent others from "hopping on", in a variety of ways.

If you can't enable it, it's because you have a plan that doesn't come with it. This includes some of the old Unlimited plans, and around that era, and some others, and the current "Unlimited Choice" plan as well, it's a key differentiation from the "Plus" plan.

If one of these applies, you have to consider switching to another plan, if you want to use the hotspot/tether.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Hotspot

Cant use hotspot

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support