The Samsung Galaxy S24
Anthony.Dukes's profile

Guru

• 

382 Messages

Thursday, December 7th, 2017 4:48 AM

Honor 7X 5.93" 18:9 for $199

I just bought a Huawei Honor 7X US model as a budget phone for $199.  Full Info here: https://store.hihonor.com/us/honor-7x/overview

It won't ship until Dec 15 because it's a new release.  I picked the blue color.  The screen size is very similar to a Samsung Galaxy S8. Has the taller aspect ratio of 18:9 and an almost 6 inch screen.  32gb rom & 3gb ram.  Has a pretty decent octa-core processor and full HD resolution.  Dual cameras in the rear. The front camera is 8MP.  Ships with Android 7.0, but the Oreo upgrade will be out soon. The battery is 3340MaH. It even came with a free gift and free shipping.  Well kids, did I do good?

honor_7x_blue_1.jpgFingerprint scanner in the rear. US model.

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Anthony.Dukes

its a nice budget phone..  The last time they said a future shipping date they missed it by 24 days so just dont get mad if it does not ship on time...  It does say estimated shipping date on the site....  you should like it...  The only thing they skimped on was the ram...  but it still should be snappy...

Guru

• 

382 Messages

6 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

The 3GB of ram will do pretty good for me.  I average between 1.4 and 2.1 memory useage... so 3 will be fine. 

For some reason the rest of the world gets 4gb of ram.  It doesn't have NFC, but that's a feature that I don't use.  It still uses micro-USB instead of USB-C..... but I don't care about that either.  My current Moto G4 Plus uses the old micro USB connection without issue.

My preference is to have a front facing fingerprint scanner since I've gotten use to that format.  I complained to my father that most phones now use rear fingerprint sensors and I hate it.  Lol. He then told me to get used too it.... which makes sense.  

As far as the ship date.... I'll try to be patient.  It's for myself, so it's OK if it's a bit late.  That's one reason I got my pre-order in early.  Huawei seems to run out of stock quickly based on other items they have listed on their site. 

For those interested in the phone, there are several video reviews on YouTube.  Most reviewers liked it a lot.  😎

PS: It comes with a free case for the time being. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

I’m on Honors list, so they send me all the news.  This is sort of all the good stuff from Honor 8 and the budget price from the 6x.   

The honor 8 had some neat options.  The fingerprint sensor also is a physical button with 3 programmable functions.  Pure android but with Huawei Honor touches.  Unlike Samsung it didnt get laggy after 6 months use.   

Don’t know how much is included with the 7x, I guess you can fill us in.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

I’m on Honors list, so they send me all the news.  This is sort of all the good stuff from Honor 8 and the budget price from the 6x.   

The honor 8 had some neat options.  The fingerprint sensor also is a physical button with 3 programmable functions.  Pure android but with Huawei Honor touches.  Unlike Samsung it didnt get laggy after 6 months use.   

Don’t know how much is included with the 7x, I guess you can fill us in.

@lizdance40

pure android?  There EMU 5.1 is based on android....  There skin is worse than samsungs in some ways...  They also meddle in the core os some with EMU.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

I guess I didn’t notice a big difference

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

I guess I didn’t notice a big difference

@lizdance40

you also had a honor 8....  They tweak each phone sometimes..  Dont get me wrong I like there stuff its just sometimes there skin is sloppy...  Not so much with 5.1 but 5.0 was...

Guru

• 

382 Messages

6 years ago

The 7x does indeed have fingerprint gestures.  You can take pictures, make screenshots... etc. 

As far as the skin... most reviewers say it lighter than previous versions even if they still aren't crazy about it. 

Guru

• 

382 Messages

6 years ago

Any idea of which version of Gorilla glass is on this phone?  It's 2.5D in shape. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I have the Honor 7x with 4G memory and 32 GB storage. I love it, it's a great phone. Every things works great - apps, messaging, camera and all EXCEPT what a phone is intended for which is making and receiving calls !! I have spent almost 2 hours with AT&T tech support to resolve this but no solution yet. When you dial a number, it will say dialing and after a minute it comes back to the home screen with no error messages. If you try calling to the phone, it goes to the voice mail after a few rings. There is nothing to tell that there is an incoming call. The only thing about this phone is that it was not bought in the U.S but got it as a gift from someone who had gone to Shanghai in China. It was brand new, unopened and unlocked phone. AT&T has essentially given up on this. The phone has been restarted a dozen times. It's not an issue with the SIM card since the same SIM works on a different phone. Interestingly, a different AT&T SIM which works on a separate phone still has the same problem on the Honor 7x. Anyone have thoughts on resolving this ?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@snmbs1 wrote:

I have the Honor 7x with 4G memory and 32 GB storage. I love it, it's a great phone. Every things works great - apps, messaging, camera and all EXCEPT what a phone is intended for which is making and receiving calls !! I have spent almost 2 hours with AT&T tech support to resolve this but no solution yet. When you dial a number, it will say dialing and after a minute it comes back to the home screen with no error messages. If you try calling to the phone, it goes to the voice mail after a few rings. There is nothing to tell that there is an incoming call. The only thing about this phone is that it was not bought in the U.S but got it as a gift from someone who had gone to Shanghai in China. It was brand new, unopened and unlocked phone. AT&T has essentially given up on this. The phone has been restarted a dozen times. It's not an issue with the SIM card since the same SIM works on a different phone. Interestingly, a different AT&T SIM which works on a separate phone still has the same problem on the Honor 7x. Anyone have thoughts on resolving this ?

@snmbs1

Post the full model number... My guess is it does not have the right voice bands to work in the usa but gets LTE sim you took your sim out of a working phone.  There are several different models of this phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.