The Samsung Galaxy S24
powerprogoose's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, May 25th, 2014 9:40 PM

Help me choose my next phone. Please.

I'm looking to buy an unlocked phone overseas. I can't decide between OPPO find 7 vs Oneplus One. To me they are almost equals except for the price. What would help me choose is if one of them will support LTE woth AT&T. I just don't know how to check. Here are their connectivity specs:

OPPO FIND 7:
•4G-LTE:TDD-LTE B40,FDD-LTE Bands B1/3/7
•3G Wcdma:850/900/1900/2100MHz
•GSM/GPRS/EDGE:850/900/1800/1900MHz

ONEPLUS ONE:
•4G-LTE:1/3/4/7/17/38/40
•GSM/GPRS/EDGE:850/900/1800/1900MHz
•3G Wcdma:International:850/900/1900/2100MHz

thanks for the help.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

I can't say from personal experience, but I have heard that the volume and call quality weren't that impressive on the OnePlus One. You might also want to look at the Moto G. It won't have 4G, but it is well made by a well known company. I love mine and have already pre-ordered the LTE version that is being released.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you Rdeciara. I also heared that about the OnePlus One. I think it had something to do with Cyanogenmod 11. I'll look into Moto G. thanks for the reply.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

The OnePlus One is the only one of those two that you listed that will get LTE service on AT&T, per the listed specs.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Neither have band 5 lte there are some areas that att has band 5 also. The MOTO G can be ordered from Motorola with LTE for 219

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you but I found that the Moto G doesn't fit what I want in a phone.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks 21stNow, I went with the OnePlus. 64GB. I can't wait to get it.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

I would highly recommend you get either a nexus 5, a Motorola x or Motorola g lte

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

All those phones look ok to me but the screens are too small for my taste. I actually went with the OnePlus One. It has a 5.5in screen. I was going to get the OPPO find 7 but that didn't support AT&T's LTE. I'll get the phone in a couple of weeks, hopefully I don't regret it. Thanks.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

Well, that explains why you passed on the Nexus 5, Moto X, and Moto G. I can tell you from experience they are all excellent, but smaller than you want. I really hope you like the OnePlus One. Worst case senario, you can sell the OnePlus One on Ebay if you aren't happy and buy one of the other devices.  🙂

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

If you want the best but cheapest phone, go with the LG G2.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.