For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Cyndee57's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Monday, October 16th, 2017 5:56 PM

How do I connect my smart TV to a WiFi hotspot?

Can not connect my tv using my Wi-Fi hotshot from Samsung galaxy note 8 to my smart tv says no router found do I have to have a router to connect my tv through my Wi-Fi hotspot? Have to have tv on internet. Someone said can but Sony tv said no router found. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

It should work. There is no difference between the wifi from router or any other wifi hotspot. You just go to network setting on you smart TV. On wireless connection, your wifi hotspot should be listed there once you turn on the Galaxy hotspot.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

lol what I had to do was change the password then it worked all are now connected.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

OK, so you can watch videos and stuff on your smart TV,  from your smart phone using hot-spot. I have a new security systems I need to link up with my smart TV  from my smart phone to check on my house when I am gone. The hot-spot should work the same,, right??  It will be sending to the phone instead of receiving  data. 

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

6 years ago

Not quite understand what you described. Your smart tv is monitoring the house? ( I am only familiar a security type camera can watch the house). The smart phone is with you. You want to communicate with the tv (camera) and watch the house from your phone. What is in the house sending out the signal ? I don't see how the hotspot from your phone got involved.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I think I found the problem in the form of a x go, thanks anyway

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have a vizio smart tv and my hotspot won’t connect to the tv. I’ve done everything, spoke to at&t many times they say it’s my tv, I went and exchanged my tv and it still won’t work. HELP

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

6 years ago

You turn on the wifi hotspot on your cell phone and you get the name of the hotspot and a password for the hotspot. Then you go to your tv setting area for network, wifi. Scan the network and you should see the name of the hotspot of the cell phone. Log in with the password and you are done. Which part do you seem to have problem?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I rebooted both TV & hot-spot device, selected manual set-up, entered the SSID then the password .It finally connected. Although it saw the hot-spot & listed it, I couldn't select it or connect, I had to do everything manually.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

My hot spot works on my desktop computer. However, my Sharp smart tv will not even recognize the ssid even when I do repeated scans. I have tried to enter manually and still won’t recognize it. My daughter has an iPhone and has the same problem. I have tried everything suggested here and it still will not recognize the ssid.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

6 years ago

If the hot spot worked for the laptop but not the TV, that points to TV setup issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.