Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Help connecting a smart TV to a phone hotspot

Highlighted
Teacher

Help connecting a smart TV to a phone hotspot

Can not connect my tv using my Wi-Fi hotshot from Samsung galaxy note 8 to my smart tv says no router found do I have to have a router to connect my tv through my Wi-Fi hotspot? Have to have tv on internet. Someone said can but Sony tv said no router found. 

Message 1 of 18
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Cyndee57
‎10-17-2017 8:41 AM

Re: Help!

It should work. There is no difference between the wifi from router or any other wifi hotspot. You just go to network setting on you smart TV. On wireless connection, your wifi hotspot should be listed there once you turn on the Galaxy hotspot.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 18
Teacher

lol what I had to do was change the password then it worked all are now connected.

Message 3 of 18
Contributor

OK, so you can watch videos and stuff on your smart TV,  from your smart phone using hot-spot. I have a new security systems I need to link up with my smart TV  from my smart phone to check on my house when I am gone. The hot-spot should work the same,, right??  It will be sending to the phone instead of receiving  data. 

Message 4 of 18
ACE - Professor

Not quite understand what you described. Your smart tv is monitoring the house? ( I am only familiar a security type camera can watch the house). The smart phone is with you. You want to communicate with the tv (camera) and watch the house from your phone. What is in the house sending out the signal ? I don't see how the hotspot from your phone got involved.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 18
Contributor

I think I found the problem in the form of a x go, thanks anyway
Message 6 of 18
Contributor

I have a vizio smart tv and my hotspot won’t connect to the tv. I’ve done everything, spoke to at&t many times they say it’s my tv, I went and exchanged my tv and it still won’t work. HELP

Message 7 of 18
ACE - Professor

You turn on the wifi hotspot on your cell phone and you get the name of the hotspot and a password for the hotspot. Then you go to your tv setting area for network, wifi. Scan the network and you should see the name of the hotspot of the cell phone. Log in with the password and you are done. Which part do you seem to have problem?

Message 8 of 18
Contributor

I rebooted both TV & hot-spot device, selected manual set-up, entered the SSID then the password .It finally connected. Although it saw the hot-spot & listed it, I couldn't select it or connect, I had to do everything manually.
Message 9 of 18
Contributor

My hot spot works on my desktop computer. However, my Sharp smart tv will not even recognize the ssid even when I do repeated scans. I have tried to enter manually and still won’t recognize it. My daughter has an iPhone and has the same problem. I have tried everything suggested here and it still will not recognize the ssid.

Message 10 of 18
ACE - Professor

If the hot spot worked for the laptop but not the TV, that points to TV setup issue.

Message 11 of 18
Contributor

My mobile hotspot is connected to TCL Smart TV, which is how I am running youtube on the Smart TV. However, if I want to connect the T-Cast from my mobile to the TV, its giving a QR Code to be scanned and download T-Cast, which I did. But my phone says it cannot recognize TV. Please help

Message 12 of 18
ACE - Professor

If you are using mobile hotspot, your phone is the "router". In order for cast to work, you need a real router, so the smart phone can cast to TCL TV through the physical router.
Message 13 of 18
Contributor

If you have a iPhone go to general settings and reset your network settings and you should be able to connect 

Message 14 of 18
Contributor

Mine is AKAI TV. Its connected to my hot spot but when I tried using it to view YouTube and do other things online, it refused to work but its connected 

Message 15 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support