For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
sweetgum4022's profile

Scholar

• 

366 Messages

Tuesday, May 24th, 2011 12:35 PM

Having issues with Aria

My Aria has suddenly stopped working properly. It wont sync to my computer, and it wont sync to my gmail calendar. It syncs the mail, and contacts, but my calendar on the phone is wiped clean. If I add a new event it will show up on my gmail account, but the phone wont remember it! This is a big problem for me because my whole life is in my gmail calendar. Thankfully it still shows up in gmail, but I really need it to show me on my phone.

I've tried power cycling, and taking out the battery but nothing is working. I also noticed in the last couple days I am getting o signal where I used to have full bars. Any suggestions??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3K Messages

13 years ago

You can try to unselect your Google account sync, then reselect, to see if that helps.

A last resort (before replacing the phone) is to do a factory reset (Settings>SD& phone storage>Factory data reset).  You will lose any data (SMS messages, game saves, bookmarks, etc), and have to setup the phone again.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

Sounds like faulty hardware is a very likely possibility.

The signal issues could be the result of a damaged SIM card.  I would start with that.

Also, if possible, is there any way you can restore the device to "new" condition and then set up your gmail account information again?  That may be necesary to rectify your calendar issue.

Scholar

• 

366 Messages

13 years ago

I did a factory reset and that seems to have fixed the problem. The reset must have updated my phone too because the software looks a little different. Thank you!

Professor

• 

3K Messages

13 years ago

No problem.  Glad it helped!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.