The Samsung Galaxy S24
oldtimoinnewton's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 26th, 2017 1:48 PM

My phone was hacked. What is the proper way to reset the phone so that this doesn't happen again?

My phone was hacked, very possibly from someone I know and I got some questions...  
Is it possible to find out details of data that has been either sent to my phone or removed from it?  
What is the proper way to reset the phone so that this doesn't happen again?  

In my case.  I never downloaded apps that weren't in the Play Store, was never on sites that I would assume weren't legit and never to my knowledge clicked on links that I wasn't sure of.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

I strongly suspect your google account is compromised. 

Add google 2 step and remove any unknown devices.  https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839?hl=en

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Aside from being highly unlikely, it would require direct access to the device as you claim you didn't click on any links you shouldn't.  

How about sharing why you think your ohone was hacked?

It it rooted?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I assume the phone hasn't been rooted.  Can I tell if someone has rooted it?

Why i think phone was hacked - My data would spike at weird times...Apps would open on their own.  The phone would freeze at random times... my calendar info was changed... there was two google searches leading to specific pages that I didn't make and all this would happen only when cell data was turned on. The phone acts normally when cell data is turned off.

I read this http://fortune.com/2015/07/27/stagefright-android-vulnerability-text/

but I'm assuming this person had access to my phone physically. This phone has been attached physically to my home computer, can a keylogger be loaded from an android phone to a windows computer?

Employee

• 

120 Messages

7 years ago

What type of device is this?  Does anyone have your Google credentials? 

Employee

• 

120 Messages

7 years ago

I agree completely!  Please let us now if you get any further information or need any further help! 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

So far it seems to have worked, thanks

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Google 2 step?   Good.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My bill is 1000 from the hack

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Boutfam808

How does hacking your PHONE lead to a high ATT bill?   That sounds more like you have a hacked account or fraud orders.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

-Virus/Trojan/Ransomware/Spyware removal
-Cheating Spouse Tracking
-Cell phone Tracking
-Locating Person Online
-Digital Stalking defenses
-Computer Forensics
-Data Recovery
-Penetration Testing(Hacking)
-System Hardening
-Secure Data Deletion
-Secure VPN connectivity
-Firewall/Router advanced setup(Intrusion Detection Systems +Intrusion Prevention Systems)
[email scrubbed]
9173008575 // telegram

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.