HTC rolls out Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for HTC One

Tutor

HTC rolls out Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for HTC One

When will AT&T be pushing out the update to it's users? (Android 4.2.2 for HTC One)

Can someone from AT&T respond?  Realize this may be a long shot but figured I'd try.

Message 6 of 22
Tutor

Re: HTC rolls out Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for HTC One

They will be selling the HTC withKey Lime Pie stock before ATT sends out the 4.2.2 update lol.

Message 16 of 22

kgbkny wrote:

The main reason why U.S. carriers meddle in the update process is to make sure that their bloatware, I mean, carrier-specific apps, function properly with the software updates. After all, it's extremely important that AT&T Navigator and Yellow Pages work, otherwise the update is worthless! With regards to the HTC One, I always wondered who was the genius at HTC to make the decision to release a high-end phone with outdated software.

I wouldn't expect AT&T to issue this update any time soon, as AT&T is known for severe update delays. For instance, all other U.S. carriers have already released the 4.1.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 several months ago. AT&T's version is still stuck on 4.1.1. When questioned about the delay, AT&T keeps pulling out the "testing" excuse. Mind you, a custom ROM based on T-Mobile's official version works flawlessly on AT&T's variant.

After waiting (and waiting....and waiting....) for AT&T to update the Galaxy S3, I made the decision to completely remove the carrier from the update process by purchasing the Galaxy S4 Google Edition. Never again will I allow carriers to block updates.

Ya but the Verizon Gs3 4.1.2 Update Doesn't include multi-window unlike the AT&T build so meh i would rather wait and get everything then Get it first and get the gimped version Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 22
Guru

@Closingracer:

Verizon GS3 had multiview since late May. Sprint had it since April.
Message 18 of 22
Contributor

Looks like HTC is going to push 4.3 to the US and skip 4.2.2.  Won't be seeing it until September or later I guess from what I see posted.  Oh well, I'm looking forward to the HTC tweaks.

Message 19 of 22
Highlighted
Professor

Saw that on Twitter yesterday. According to HTC's persistent of global sales, since 4.2.2 is a small update they decided to jump right to 4.3. http://goo.gl/gRXZHf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 20 of 22
Professor

Here is his tweet.. http://goo.gl/8KWXsO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 21 of 22
Tutor

Custom ROM here I come.

Message 22 of 22
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support