The Samsung Galaxy S24
slycat75's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, July 8th, 2013 3:22 PM

HTC rolls out Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for HTC One

When will AT&T be pushing out the update to it's users? (Android 4.2.2 for HTC One)

Can someone from AT&T respond?  Realize this may be a long shot but figured I'd try.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Hey all,

Seeing the changes to the HTC One with the 4.2.2 update makes me wonder how long it will take AT&T to send it out for its customers.  I'm very excited after seeing all the changes to Sense 5.

Any bets on when it will release?  

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

I would really like to know this also. This is the first android phone I haven't immediately rooted and did with as I pleased. This is a really good phone out of the box and I would kind of like to keep it that way for as long as I can. But take too long...and I'll have to do it myself.

Scholar

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

I will tell you when its coming, 2016. I am one of at&t's redheaded stepchildren that own one of last years flagship phones, the gs3, and they can't even keep it within 2 versions of the current android operating system. If you are already here wondering about an update to the most recent version of android you are going to be disappointed. At&t has no intentions of keeping your device up to date, or patching security flaws. If you want something current head out of here and find a custom ROM.

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

Found this out the hard way myself. AT&T is number one in bad customer service for a reason.

Mentor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

All big carriers are like that. They cannot keep up with all the devices they ever sold, so Google Play editions are the only way out. Turns out, I am not a big fan of phone subsidies. Will try out T-Mobile when my contract runs out.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

11 years ago

it was just released today and now it's on it's way to the usa it started in Europe and other countries first

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

bump.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

The answer to this would "it will be ready when it's ready" since no carrier can provide an exact date of when updates will be available.

Carriers here in the US test out builds and make sure everything is running smoothly. If a bug is found, then they report it back to the manufacturer and process starts over.

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

11 years ago

Load of garbage!  Please refer to thd S3 threads and the 8 months At&t is holding the update. The answe may be never or may be when the sales of the htc one slow down.  From past experience I would say january of 2014. 

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

The main reason why U.S. carriers meddle in the update process is to make sure that their bloatware, I mean, carrier-specific apps, function properly with the software updates. After all, it's extremely important that AT&T Navigator and Yellow Pages work, otherwise the update is worthless! With regards to the HTC One, I always wondered who was the genius at HTC to make the decision to release a high-end phone with outdated software.

I wouldn't expect AT&T to issue this update any time soon, as AT&T is known for severe update delays. For instance, all other U.S. carriers have already released the 4.1.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 several months ago. AT&T's version is still stuck on 4.1.1. When questioned about the delay, AT&T keeps pulling out the "testing" excuse. Mind you, a custom ROM based on T-Mobile's official version works flawlessly on AT&T's variant.

After waiting (and waiting....and waiting....) for AT&T to update the Galaxy S3, I made the decision to completely remove the carrier from the update process by purchasing the Galaxy S4 Google Edition. Never again will I allow carriers to block updates.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.