For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
nolascoboy's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 7:18 PM

HTC one x issues

My HTC one x started acting up lately. Sometimes I can get text messages or phone calls/voicemails til much later or til I restart my phone. The thing is, it seems like my phone is normal. There's no unknown app playing. Anyone know what'sgoing on?

Professor

• 

3K Messages

12 years ago

Try a factory reset (warning:  will wipe your user data).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have performed factory resets multiple times to try and resolve this issue. It still keeps occuring, and is now happening almost every day.

I had a new (replacement) One X sent to me when I cracked my screen, and I am facing the same issues on this phone.

Beyond restarting my phone every few hours to make sure that I am able to receive/send texts and phone calls, I hope there is something else I can do!

Professor

• 

3K Messages

12 years ago

Its alway so odd how some people can sometimes get 3, 4, even more replacements, and still have the same (or other) problems.  I'm on my 5th HTC device, and have never had to repair or exchange any of them.  If they are refurbs (which they usually are, if you make a warranty exchange after the first 30 days of purchase), you may be inheriting somebody else's problems (and they don't always fix everything before sending them out as refurbs).  But some of it just has to be chalked up as bad luck.

I'd exchange it again.  I haven't had any such issues with my One X.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I have the same problem and a host of others. I've went around in circles with HTC and I get nowhere. I've done a "partition cache wipe", factory resets, etc... If you go into the AT&T store you don't even see the one x or one x+ offered anymore even for free, that is kind of a sign that there were problems. I'm angry because all of my friends have GS3s and don't have any problems plus I paid good money for a top-tier device and got a lemon.

Scholar

• 

181 Messages

11 years ago

Return   your HTC devices and get a different phone.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

The HTC One X has a poorly designed sim tray that causes the sim card to lose good contact with the contact points in the device. Try taking the sim card out and placing a couple of layers of scotch tap on the backside of it, while trimming the edges up around the edges of card, and carefully reinsert. Inspect the sim tray very closely and if it looks bent, try to flatten it out some. I had to do this with my wife's HTC One X and she hasn't had any problems since. The key is to get a nice snug fit with the sim card, but be careful of putting to much tape or the tray and card will get stuck in the phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.