Helpful Links

HTC one x + . APN settings not editable - Grayed out

Contributor

HTC one x + . APN settings not editable - Grayed out

Hi All,

I bought an HTC One x+ from someone . I was trying to edit the APN setting by navigating to

Settings --> Mobile Data --> Access Point Names. But unfortuinately I can't edit the settings. Does anyone know whether its the way or something wrong with the phone?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Message 1 of 7
Professor

Re: HTC one x + . APN settings not editable - Grayed out

The AT&T APN is intentionally locked from being edited.  If you want to enter a different APN, you should be able to add a new one (hit Menu button and select New APN), and enter all the settings manually.  Then be sure to actually select that APN as being the "active" one (otherwise it will stay on the default APN).

Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Thank you redpoint!

BTW the "Access point names" itself grayed out and also there is no menu button available for "Mobiloe network settings" .

Do I need to have the sim inserted for making it enable?

my current sim is standard size and do not want to cut it at this point :-)

Message 3 of 7

You need to have active service to edit and view this information.
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

My phone was accidentally reset, so I must reenter the APN settings. However, as stated above the APN settings are grayed out. How can I reenter the APN settings told to me to do?

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

The Menu button is not showing.

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

Where is the Menu button??? It is not showing anywhere other than in Apps, but that does not give me the option to create a new APN.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support