Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 22, 2013
8:30:04 PM
View profile
HTC one x + . APN settings not editable - Grayed out

Hi All,

I bought an HTC One x+ from someone . I was trying to edit the APN setting by navigating to

Settings --> Mobile Data --> Access Point Names. But unfortuinately I can't edit the settings. Does anyone know whether its the way or something wrong with the phone?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Hi All,

I bought an HTC One x+ from someone . I was trying to edit the APN setting by navigating to

Settings --> Mobile Data --> Access Point Names. But unfortuinately I can't edit the settings. Does anyone know whether its the way or something wrong with the phone?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

HTC one x + . APN settings not editable - Grayed out

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2013 6:54:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

The AT&T APN is intentionally locked from being edited.  If you want to enter a different APN, you should be able to add a new one (hit Menu button and select New APN), and enter all the settings manually.  Then be sure to actually select that APN as being the "active" one (otherwise it will stay on the default APN).

The AT&T APN is intentionally locked from being edited.  If you want to enter a different APN, you should be able to add a new one (hit Menu button and select New APN), and enter all the settings manually.  Then be sure to actually select that APN as being the "active" one (otherwise it will stay on the default APN).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC one x + . APN settings not editable - Grayed out

2 of 4 (8,683 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2013 4:40:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you redpoint!

BTW the "Access point names" itself grayed out and also there is no menu button available for "Mobiloe network settings" .

Do I need to have the sim inserted for making it enable?

my current sim is standard size and do not want to cut it at this point :-)

Thank you redpoint!

BTW the "Access point names" itself grayed out and also there is no menu button available for "Mobiloe network settings" .

Do I need to have the sim inserted for making it enable?

my current sim is standard size and do not want to cut it at this point :-)

3 of 4 (8,659 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2013 8:15:36 PM
(0)
Teacher
You need to have active service to edit and view this information.
You need to have active service to edit and view this information.

4 of 4 (8,576 Views)