Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 18, 2014
12:56:13 AM
View profile
HTC one android upgrade 4.4.2 battery issues
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem . Ever since the upgrade to 4.4.2, my battery seems to charge to 100% rather quickly (4% -100% in an hour) and discharges quickly. my charge used to last me all day. now half a day and I am done. the discharge is noticeable. I know with new upgrade the device takes time to adjust but its been more then two weeks since the upgrade and still the same issue. ny suggestions?
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem . Ever since the upgrade to 4.4.2, my battery seems to charge to 100% rather quickly (4% -100% in an hour) and discharges quickly. my charge used to last me all day. now half a day and I am done. the discharge is noticeable. I know with new upgrade the device takes time to adjust but its been more then two weeks since the upgrade and still the same issue. ny suggestions?

HTC one android upgrade 4.4.2 battery issues

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2014 10:01:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

While its true that the battery meter needs to be recalibrated after a major OS update, charging to full (leave it on the charger for an hour or so after full to ensure any saturation charge is achieved) then discharging to about 10% for one cycle will usually do that (or do it a couple times, to be sure).  And it sounds like you have probably done that by this point.

There can be various factors in an update that affect battery life, so its impossible to know for sure based on the info you are given.  You can try one of the apps for tracking battery usage to get more info on what is causing the drain.  Or you might have to backup your personal data and do a factory reset, as your pre-existing data might have some incompatibility with the update.  Factory reset, then reconfiguring the phone might help (but its no guarantee).

While its true that the battery meter needs to be recalibrated after a major OS update, charging to full (leave it on the charger for an hour or so after full to ensure any saturation charge is achieved) then discharging to about 10% for one cycle will usually do that (or do it a couple times, to be sure).  And it sounds like you have probably done that by this point.

There can be various factors in an update that affect battery life, so its impossible to know for sure based on the info you are given.  You can try one of the apps for tracking battery usage to get more info on what is causing the drain.  Or you might have to backup your personal data and do a factory reset, as your pre-existing data might have some incompatibility with the update.  Factory reset, then reconfiguring the phone might help (but its no guarantee).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC one android upgrade 4.4.2 battery issues

2 of 4 (3,676 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2014 8:11:13 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you for the reply.  I think I might have an handle on the problem.  The new update automatically switches on the GPS in the location services.  Also many of the google accounts syncs google play bookm play movies and TV and newstand among some.  I have switched the location mode to battery saving. Lets c where this takes me.

Thank you for the reply.  I think I might have an handle on the problem.  The new update automatically switches on the GPS in the location services.  Also many of the google accounts syncs google play bookm play movies and TV and newstand among some.  I have switched the location mode to battery saving. Lets c where this takes me.

3 of 4 (3,641 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2014 6:40:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

nphatak wrote:

Nice catch with the GPS, as it is a significant battery drain.  The Google sync typically don't drain much battery, but I suppose every little bit helps, and you can turn them off if you don't use the particular service.

nphatak wrote:

Nice catch with the GPS, as it is a significant battery drain.  The Google sync typically don't drain much battery, but I suppose every little bit helps, and you can turn them off if you don't use the particular service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (3,603 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments