The Samsung Galaxy S24
smjb's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 7:14 PM

HTC one X plus stops receiving calls

I'm on my 2nd HTC One X plus in less than 2 weeks.  The 1st phone worked out of the box, then 4 days (could have been sooner) inbound calls stopped reaching the phone.  Callers got ringing then a switch to a busy signal or a message that call couldn't be completed.  Nothing reached my voicemail and the phone showed no missied calls or voicemails.  AT&T switched out the sim, the phone then worked for 2 days and again stopped receiving calls.  I could receive texts and call out.  Went back to ATT, received a new phone that worked for 1-1/2 days and now today is not receiving calls.  It either rings (8-10 times), then goes busy, or rings 2-3 times and gets a "unable" to connect message.  I really like the rest of the features of this phone, but if it won't receive calls it does me no good.  Is anyone else having this problem or had it and found a solution before I return it again?  Thanks. 

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I too am having the same issue with the Galaxy Note II and I am also in the Detroit market. A friend typed a code into my phone to turn off LTE and I don't seem to be having the issue anymore. I am disappointed that I cannot use LTE now and I hope they come up with a fix soon. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My HTC one X worked for months and now won't send or receive messages.  It only happens at my house though.

I have 5 towers close to me and a microcell so there should be no reason it doesn't work.

I think it is ALL DROID PHONES.  search the web and that is the one thing all people complain about and it's always droids, except with different telephone companies.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

smjb,

May I ask what phone you changed to? As much as I like this HOX, missing phone calls is really starting to [word filter avoidance]Smiley Mad

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I had the same problem. Resolved it by entering *#*#4636#*#*. Then used the menu to access "Select Radio Settings". I switched to USA Band and then confirmed it when message popped up. So far mine is receiving calls again just fine.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you,Steve. My One X+ was having the same problem. Tried your switch to "USA Band" and things are back to normal.....for now.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

Guys,

I know I promised to update last Friday, but last weekend was hecticly busy! I have good news though. I have not had any missed calls (due to the phone not receiving) other than me not getting to the phone on time. SO it looks like this is a permanent fix thus far. I believe the Android makers have the default setings set for a worldwide market and this LTE thing was unexpected.

Remember, LTE does not facilitate voice traffic. It only handles data. Any voice calls and the phone must switch to GSM or CDMA, depending on carrier. I remember when the first LTE phone came out in the US - The HTC Thunderbolt I think it was, for Verizon, there was a big stink about them not being able to make or receive calls and an update had to be issued. It was probably the same thing. I don't know for sure.

So, if any of you are on any other forums like XDA or whatever, please pass this fix along. I called AT&T customer support and told them about it. And I called HTC customer support and told them about it. And how to fix it.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

Are you sure this is actually working? On my phone there is no way to actually know if it switched bands or not. I've tried it a bunch of times and I am still missing calls. o_O

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Steve, glad to hear the phone is still working.  It's such a great phone it's to bad something like a setting would be such a problem.

to A670, I ended up with an S3, not my first choice.  But it works, getting all calls and while there have been some that don't ring through Ithe caller does get my voicemail (which wasn't happening with the HOX+) so I get my messages also.  I did much prefer the HTC sense ui over the Samsung touchwiz.  So that's a bit disappointing, but I needed a phone that could receive calls and time was up on my return period. Plus, while this is a "new" model, it's really just an updated HOX so it's surprising to me to have this problem out of the box.  Seeing how bugs and such are usually worked out by the time updates happen.  smjb

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

I've thought about turning mine in for a S3 also but I really dont care for that amoled screen. The colors are too dark and saturated for my aging eyes. Also, I really like the HOX and I got it on sale for .99cSmiley Very Happy

I think I'm going to either root the device or try changing my data plan to a HSPA+ plan, which I did not know was possible until today.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

@atntSteve wrote:

Guys,

I know I promised to update last Friday, but last weekend was hecticly busy! I have good news though. I have not had any missed calls (due to the phone not receiving) other than me not getting to the phone on time. SO it looks like this is a permanent fix thus far. I believe the Android makers have the default setings set for a worldwide market and this LTE thing was unexpected.

Remember, LTE does not facilitate voice traffic. It only handles data. Any voice calls and the phone must switch to GSM or CDMA, depending on carrier. I remember when the first LTE phone came out in the US - The HTC Thunderbolt I think it was, for Verizon, there was a big stink about them not being able to make or receive calls and an update had to be issued. It was probably the same thing. I don't know for sure.

So, if any of you are on any other forums like XDA or whatever, please pass this fix along. I called AT&T customer support and told them about it. And I called HTC customer support and told them about it. And how to fix it.

Any idea how to fix GS3 ?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.