The Samsung Galaxy S24
smjb's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 7:14 PM

HTC one X plus stops receiving calls

I'm on my 2nd HTC One X plus in less than 2 weeks.  The 1st phone worked out of the box, then 4 days (could have been sooner) inbound calls stopped reaching the phone.  Callers got ringing then a switch to a busy signal or a message that call couldn't be completed.  Nothing reached my voicemail and the phone showed no missied calls or voicemails.  AT&T switched out the sim, the phone then worked for 2 days and again stopped receiving calls.  I could receive texts and call out.  Went back to ATT, received a new phone that worked for 1-1/2 days and now today is not receiving calls.  It either rings (8-10 times), then goes busy, or rings 2-3 times and gets a "unable" to connect message.  I really like the rest of the features of this phone, but if it won't receive calls it does me no good.  Is anyone else having this problem or had it and found a solution before I return it again?  Thanks. 

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

Smjb, 

I can't tell you what to do, but if I were you I would go ahead and return it, that way I still have my upgrade availability.I am going to try and repeat the results by inducing the trouble with the phone. And I will update this website. Then I will try to repeat the solution. And I will update the website. That way, if that does solve it, you could go and purchase it again knowing you will be able to use it.

I just hate to see this phone, being such a game changer that it could be, get ruined when as simple a solution as selecting the radio band could solve the issues we're having.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

I just wanted to add that I've never done a hard reset in order to get the phone to start receiving calls again. I went from being unable to receive any calls for almost the entire day, to receiving calls repeatedly buy simply changing the radio settings.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

So I've tried to reintroduce the trouble by reselecting the automatic radio bands in Testing - Phone Information - Menu Dropdown. But I am still repeatedly receiving calls I make to the HOX+.  So I will leave it on this option for a few days since I know when we are inserting a new SIM it works for a few days before revealing any kind of trouble. Then If it is unable to receive any calls, I will go back into the test menu and select USA Bands. And I will leave it there until it can't receive a call. Hopefully it will continue to receive calls and I can report back that that is the permanent solution and that I have been receiving calls for more than a week.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I've not been having trouble receiving calls since last few days. At work it consistently received calls but at home sometimes I get the no answer issue but most of the other times it works just fine. Maybe once you start paying attention to it, it seems worse. I remember even with iPhone sometimes I'll get missed calls even though I did not hear the phone ring. I've decided to keep the phone for the time being.... 3 days away from my 14 days return period.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

I've been having the same problem with a refurbed HTC One X.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

Well,

My wife told me today, that she tried to call me and got ring ring ring. I had switched back to automatic radio bands in the TEST / PHONE INFORMATION / MENU DROPDOWN section since my last post to see if I could duplicate the results.

I tried to call myself with my work cell phone, rings 2x then busy tone or rings rings rings. nothing happpening on HOX+.

I go into the test menu and reselect the US BANDS. Rebooted the phone. Guess what? On first try, the HOX+ rings, I waited another five minutes and checked to see if 4GLTE is available. Called again, HOX+ is ringing in and receiving calls. now I will leave it on US BAnds to see if the issue returns.

So far I have been able to duplicate the phone receiving then no longer able to receive calls and I have been able to duplicate going from unable to receive to immediately being able to receive incoming calls. Just waiting to see if it holds out and not lose the ability to receive incoming calls. Hopefully won't be updating this site for at least a week only to say still receiving calls.

Steve

Teacher

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Same problem, tried 3 different phones and 4 SIM cards, and can state unequivocally that this has nothing to do with phone or SIM cards.

The problem is indeed the phone falling off the right LTE bands. I can’t figure out if it is the phone or the network, but the fix is indeed as some have noted:

1. On the keypad enter *#*#INFO#*#*
  2. Select “Phone information”
  3. Click on the menu and select “Select radio band”
  4. Click on “USA Band”

That will fix it. Until the next time you fall off the network, that is.

Unfortunately there is no way to know that your phone has gotten into this state until someone lets you know that you are missing calls. But, when it does happen, this will fix it.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

For me this is not a huge deal breaker. I don't receive a lot of calls anyway. I make more than I get. Even so, it's still not that many. So if I have the problem again, I know how to resolve it. So far 2 days without an issue.going on day 3. My next post will be next Friday.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

Hello everyone.

I just upgraded to the HOX from a nexus 1 about a week ago. I have terrible att coverage at my house already but I was at least able to receive phone calls in certain rooms with the N1.

I Just got off the phone with att rep. and spent half an hour basically confirming that yes, my phone doesnt receive phone calls at my house. After reading through this thread and experimenting for a couple of hours I firmly believe that the issue has to do with 4G/LTE. I tried setting my radio band to USA but my phone defaults to back to HSPA, HSPAP, UMTS or LTE after selecting the "USA band" The only time I was able to receive phone calls was when my "Network type:" was EDGE and a big "E" was displayed in the notification bar. I made about 15 successful calls to my phone while it was on EDGE. As soon as it dropped the EDGE connection I was back to no phone calls. Unfortunately I dont kow how to force my phone to use the EDGE band. My phone seems to drop back to it only once in a while. So....now what?????Smiley Mad

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Steve,  thanks for the updates on this particular solution.  I do receive alot of calls during the day and it was my dealbreaker.  After my last sim switch the phone worked for about 3 hours then fell off again.  I do believe this is a combination of this particular phone and the 4g/LTE settings.  So I traded mine back that day.  Got a different brand (actually the phone the next upgrade in the house wants) and it has

worked fine so far, 11 days at this point.  But will keep watching this thread so I can trade on the next upgrade at the end of january. Whether it's the software or hardware of this model, they (both ATT & HTC) need to work this out.  I did write to HTC one last time letting them know how my saga ended, and the one thing a cellphone should do is make and receive calls out of the box, the rest is pointless if it can't do that. The phone is great otherwise, but spending all my extra time switching sims and changing settings just to receive a basic function of the phone is to much. I hope this settings change works out, and if you have the time please post updates occasionally after Friday. SB

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.