The Samsung Galaxy S24
smjb's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 7:14 PM

HTC one X plus stops receiving calls

I'm on my 2nd HTC One X plus in less than 2 weeks.  The 1st phone worked out of the box, then 4 days (could have been sooner) inbound calls stopped reaching the phone.  Callers got ringing then a switch to a busy signal or a message that call couldn't be completed.  Nothing reached my voicemail and the phone showed no missied calls or voicemails.  AT&T switched out the sim, the phone then worked for 2 days and again stopped receiving calls.  I could receive texts and call out.  Went back to ATT, received a new phone that worked for 1-1/2 days and now today is not receiving calls.  It either rings (8-10 times), then goes busy, or rings 2-3 times and gets a "unable" to connect message.  I really like the rest of the features of this phone, but if it won't receive calls it does me no good.  Is anyone else having this problem or had it and found a solution before I return it again?  Thanks. 

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

Dial each of the numbers listed below 1 at a time, after you enter 1 in press send like you will call it, then move to the next one and so on till the end, then let us know if you continue to have the problem.
##21#
##67#
##61#
##62#
##002#
##004#

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I'm having the EXACT same problem.  First they tried switching out the SIM card which worked for about a week, then it quit receiving calls again.  Got a replacement phone 1 week ago and yesterday it too suddenly stopped receiving calls.  I can make calls without a problem, but no one can call me.  Seems like this phone eats SIM cards.  Is it a problem with a software conflict with one of the apps?  A design flaw with the phone?  I tried deleting a couple of the apps that were being used a lot and I'm going back today to get yet another SIM card.  If this doesn't work, I'm returning it and filing a complaint.  In my business I have to have a fully functional phone 24/7.  BTW - I tried dialing the series of commands that were recommended and they didn't work.  Still have the same problem.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

Got a brand new HOX+ in the mail yesterday. Inserted the micro sim and charged it. Today I called to activate the phone. Everything works except incoming calls. The rep on the phone could not make it work. He noticed the call forwarding option was checked so he cleared it and had me reboot my phone. Only one call came in. He suggested I go to the ATT store and get a new sim.

I don't think that is the problem. Here's what I noticed: I grabbed my wifes phone and while staring at my phone, I placed a call. nothing on the phone except the status bar changes from 4G LTE to 4G and the phone will either ring and ring or ring twice and message "call cannot be completed" .

I am willing to wager that this does not happen in areas without LTE. I live in Detroit market and when we got LTE a couple of months ago, I immediately started having incoming call issues. But I was having total connectivity issues. the phone was having difficulty switching between LTE and hspa+. It would lock up and the only solution would be to reboot.

I'm not sure what the issue is with the HOX+, but I think it has something to do with the LTE radio and the HSPA+ radio.

Perhaps someone else can confirm the issue on their own phones by getting another phone and calling while they are looking at the screen of the HOX+ to confirm or deny that the radio is switching to HSPA+ while the other phone is dialing and then switches back to LTE when you cancel making the call.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

Went to the mobility store, and got a new SIM card.

It works for now. We'll see if it keeps.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

While I'm sorry to hear of others having this problem, I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I ended up calling customer care the evening I posted the original message, 12/2/12.  That person checked everything, said all the account settings were correct but reset something from their end.  I did a soft reset.  She called me and the phone picked up the call.  I then called the phone from our landline and it worked.  She said she would check in with me later in the week.  This was about 7pm.  5 minutes later the phone wouldn't receive again.  I called back, got someone else.  He had me do a hard reset, the phone still didn't receive.  Wanted me to try the sim in another phone, and since I didn't have one handy to try advised me to go back to the store to try the next day.  He could not start a "Case" without doing that.  The next day, phone didn't work in the a.m.,  received 2 out of state calls around noon, then stopped receiving again.  Went back to the store, they put the sim in another phone, it still didn't work.  The store personnel got on the phone with customer care then.  Customer Care still wouldn't elevate it to a "case" and called it a bad sim (this is now sim #4 in phone #2). The store seems to feel it's either something that was changed on my account or something to do with the 4G/LTE/HPSA switching as the previous poster mentioned.  They've been extremely helpful and have worked with me everytime I've had to go in (probably dread seeming me come in the door).  I am also in the Detroit area also and I know ATT had problems last Monday in the area anyway.  Sim #4 is still currently working, this will be day 5 if it works all day.  The night I posted here, I also wrote to HTC.  Their first response was to do the soft reset, then if that didn't work do the hard reset.  I let them know that had been done and was still having problems.  They wrote back that they wanted to "escalate" the problem now.  That's my next email, even with the phone currently working, I'm now past my 14 days and don't know if it really was a "bad" sim or some type of switching problem.  I would suggest to anyone else having this problem to also let HTC know even if the phone is receiving calls for the moment.  If it goes out again I will be back here and back to the store.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I'm having the exact same issue with HOX+ phone I got last week. The caller hear a ringing tone for a long time (6-8 times) before the phone answers. Sometimes it just goes to voice mail and sometimes I get a busy signal. What I notices is if the phone is using 4G LTE it immediately switches to 4G on the first ring but does not answer for 6-8 rings. Once it has switched to 4G if I try to call again immediately it picks up right away. If I let it sit for few minutes so it switches back to 4G LTE same problem starts all over again. Very annoying....
smjb, are you still having this issue or is your problem resolved?

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

give the info below a try and see if that resolves your issue for you.

Open dialer

Type *#*#4636#*#*

go to phone info

near bottom change wcdma preferred to wcdma only

Bear in mind if you go to somewhere that has no 3g coverage you will have no signal at all and this change will drop off after a reboot

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

Is there really that many issues with the one x +? I have the Motorola Atrix HD and am looking to return it for something with a better camera and better signal radio as I'm only getting one bar if I walk outside. I would just get the MicroCell but at&t wants $200 after $200 deposit for 2 line and the first bill will be around $280. I want to keep Att but I was told I live between two towers so I'm stuck.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

You can also try the same info posted in my last post to see if that will improve the service for you as well.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion Wilcre. I'll try it to see if it helps. In the meanwhile I tried swapping my wife's iPhone 4 SIM with HOX+ and I was able to receive calls without any problem. After that I tried doing a factory restore/reset and looks like the problem is gone even with my original SIM. The phone is able to switch back to 4G from 4G LTE on receiving a call and answer. I'll see if it continues to work tomorrow and post back if I see this issue again.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.