For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
gorecki_md's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 1:25 AM

HTC one X force closes when using Google Navigation on Jelly bean

Anyone else having the same problem? I really enjoy Project Butter and Google Now but since the update navigation force closes within a minute or less. This makes the app unusable. The only fix is to switch to 2d mode (aerial view). Apparently this has been a known issue with jelly bean roms and HTC phones.

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

@gorecki_md wrote:
Anyone else having the same problem? I really enjoy Project Butter and Google Now but since the update navigation force closes within a minute or less. This makes the app unusable. The only fix is to switch to 2d mode (aerial view). Apparently this has been a known issue with jelly bean roms and HTC phones.

I have not seen any other mention of this issue. May want to prepare for the big "Factory Reset" on the HOX. 

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

I've seen more than a few reports of this bug, on various JB builds on the One X (such as the 3.17 firmware versions released in other countries).  Haven't seen any definitive solution.  Agree that backing up your personal data, and doinga   factory reset is a good place to start.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks.  Didn't want to do it since some people report the same problem after a factory reset.. but might as well do it once to rule out everything.  Just an update.. I called HTC support line and they've heard of the same problem as well, and even one of the guys on the phone who had the same phone also reported the same problem.  They said they were currently working on it.  

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

@gorecki_md wrote:

Thanks.  Didn't want to do it since some people report the same problem after a factory reset.. but might as well do it once to rule out everything.  Just an update.. I called HTC support line and they've heard of the same problem as well, and even one of the guys on the phone who had the same phone also reported the same problem.  They said they were currently working on it.  

I don't have any issue with my HOX or any of the HOX's I support but they were all wiped prior to and after the JB update. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

HTC customer service told me they'd not heard of the issue. Anyways, Loraque at Android Central suggested disabling hardware overlays. It's in the advanced developers options. I'm gonna try it today. Hope it works. I drive truck, and it's a nice aid. I got a gs3, too, but I don't like it. It's display is ugly compared to the X.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@gorecki_md wrote:

Thanks.  Didn't want to do it since some people report the same problem after a factory reset.. but might as well do it once to rule out everything. 

Yeah, I'd still recommend a factory reset.  It really can't hurt, and it might help.  Somebody here recommended the Carbon app for backing up user data (doesn't require root).  I haven't tried it, but it looks pretty slick.  Aside from app data (like game saves, etc) its really not that hard to re-setup the phone after a factory reset.  And a factory reset really does give the cleanest, smoothest performance after an OTA.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I'm currently having this issue after updating to the newest version of jelly bean. The list of things I have done are uninstall the updates 2 maps test it re install the updates test it do a factory reset and use the ROM update utility. None of this fixed the issue kama the only way to fix the issue is to send your phone in to HTC or get a new phone from AT&T. And after doing a lot of research it seems to me that sells into people are having this problem. I have contacted AT&T and HTC and the only way they do are going to fix it from what they told me is if everybody calls in and report the issue .

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

11 years ago

I have been discussing and testing this on several forums. Final conclusion is that AT&T, as the vendor and integrator of  record, has the responsibility to fix this.

I've written the president of AT&T Wireless, coping product managers at Google and HTC. Suggest everyone else do the same. My letter (with their addresses) can be cloned from:

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.