The Samsung Galaxy S24
mrstyson's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 9:07 PM

HTC Vivid Wifi hotspot issues

Just received my HTC Vivid. Had an initial issue with data connection but was corrected by changing the APN manually. Now, I cannot turn on my portable WIFI hotspot. It keeps giving me the error message: "This is a temporary network problem that prevents the enablement of the Mobile Hoptspot function. Please retry later." ~ Is it because I am still under 4G and not 4GLTE?? Can someone help? Also tried dialing *#*#4636#*#* as directed but could not let me do any changes. Does AT&T have LTE restricted??

Scholar

• 

93 Messages

12 years ago

WiFi has nothing to do with the cell radio. Take a good look at your WiFi settings to make sure they are set correctly on both the phone and router.

Guru

• 

366 Messages

12 years ago

If you had to change your APN that means that your service is not set up correctly-you should be provisioned with the PTA APN that comes pre-programmed in the device. This could alos be the cause of your portable hotspot issue-you have to be provisioned with this feature to use it, I would give CC a call.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Go to settings, wireless & networks, mobile networks, access point names and add a new APN using your service provider's internet settings and save it. Now activate the newly created APN by checking its box. Now restart your phone and turn on the portable wifi hotspot. It worked for me on the at&t fusion and I'm sure it'll work for you as well. Good luck.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Go to settings, wireless & networks, mobile networks, access point names and add a new APN using your service provider's internet settings and save it. Now activate the newly created APN by checking its box. Now restart your phone and turn on the portable wifi hotspot. It worked for me on the at&t fusion and I'm sure it'll work for you as well. Good luck.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

that did not work

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@iykreated wrote:
that did not work

Do you have a data plan that includes tethering?  Enabling the portable WiFi hotspot is only allowed if you have a tethering plan, since WiFi hotspot is a form of tethering.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.