The Samsung Galaxy S24
mxdd11's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 12th, 2013 2:58 AM

HTC Vivid MMS messages

About 2 days ago I recieved an HTC Vivid as a replacement phone for my HTC Inspire. With my Inspire I was able to send and recieve MMS messages and connect to the internet through my mobile network. For some reason with the Vivid I can not send or recieve MMS Picture messages nor connect to the internet with the mobile network. The only way I can connect to the internet is throught the WiFi at my house.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

How did u activate ur phone? Did u do it urself following the instructions online? If so it might not have activated completely. Mine did the same thing and I did a self activation online and it halfway activated my vivid and still left some working features on my inspire. Hope it works out for ya.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

You'll need to manually input the APN profiles for your net and mms to work properly. A quick Google search will provide said settings. If you're still stuck, come back and I'll give you some working sets.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

Vivid is an LTE phone, Inspire is not.  So the Vivid is setup for the LTE APN, and your account is probably still setup for the Inspire (no LTE).  Just call AT&T or go into a store and they can fix it.  Adding LTE does not carry any additional charges, but gets you much faster data speeds.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@jii wrote:

You'll need to manually input the APN profiles for your net and mms to work properly. A quick Google search will provide said settings. If you're still stuck, come back and I'll give you some working sets.

Entering a new APN (for the non-LTE, or HSPA+ network) will work, but won't take advantage of LTE speeds (if available in the OP's area).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.