Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 22, 2012
1:53:13 PM
View profile
HTC Vivid - Android 4.0 ICS Update now available!

Hi folks!

If you read the title, then you guessed it, the Android 4.0 (code name Ice Cream Sandwich) is now available for HTC Vivid users starting today! After installing the software update, customers can now enjoy the optimized audio experience of Beats by Dr. Dre Audio™ and new and improved HTC Sense™ experience. Smiley Happy

The update can be downloaded via Wi-Fi but before installing, make sure to back up your important information and have at least 50% battery power remaining! Smiley Wink

Full information on the AT&T Corporate News Page

Enjoy!

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

Hi folks!

If you read the title, then you guessed it, the Android 4.0 (code name Ice Cream Sandwich) is now available for HTC Vivid users starting today! After installing the software update, customers can now enjoy the optimized audio experience of Beats by Dr. Dre Audio™ and new and improved HTC Sense™ experience. Smiley Happy

The update can be downloaded via Wi-Fi but before installing, make sure to back up your important information and have at least 50% battery power remaining! Smiley Wink

Full information on the AT&T Corporate News Page

Enjoy!

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

HTC Vivid - Android 4.0 ICS Update now available!

48 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(48)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2012 7:14:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
HTC-Davis, scroll down all the way and select "Mobile" on the lower left side of the screen. Smiley Wink

Posted from my iPod touch.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
HTC-Davis, scroll down all the way and select "Mobile" on the lower left side of the screen. Smiley Wink

Posted from my iPod touch.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC Vivid - Android 4.0 ICS Update now available!

31 of 49 (2,684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 3:28:36 AM
(0)
Scholar

I looked an there is no mobile/full like there used to be. Thats strange.

I looked an there is no mobile/full like there used to be. Thats strange.

32 of 49 (2,674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 8:50:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Hmm.. That's strange. Ok, as an alternative delete your browsing history and cookies and see if that helps. That should make everything back to normal though the websites you visited will be gone in the process. Smiley Wink

Posted from my iPhone 4S on AT&T, the nation's fastest 4G network.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Hmm.. That's strange. Ok, as an alternative delete your browsing history and cookies and see if that helps. That should make everything back to normal though the websites you visited will be gone in the process. Smiley Wink

33 of 49 (2,662 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 11:43:37 AM
(0)
Contributor

Could anyone tell me how long should the update take please? It has been one hour now. Is this normal? Thanks!

Could anyone tell me how long should the update take please? It has been one hour now. Is this normal? Thanks!

34 of 49 (2,645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2012 7:16:17 PM
(0)
Contributor
I recently updated my phone...but I'm having a problem pulling up my text msgs. When I click on the message icon, it says "please wait"....is any1 having this problem or a solution to my problem? Thanks!
I recently updated my phone...but I'm having a problem pulling up my text msgs. When I click on the message icon, it says "please wait"....is any1 having this problem or a solution to my problem? Thanks!

35 of 49 (2,604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2012 8:31:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Hi dhu1223.,

It shouldn't take any longer than 1 hour I believe. Are you still experiencing issues? Smiley Happy
------------
Hi msjazz05,

Have you tried shutting down the phone and turning it on again? Smiley Happy

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Hi dhu1223.,

It shouldn't take any longer than 1 hour I believe. Are you still experiencing issues? Smiley Happy
------------
Hi msjazz05,

Have you tried shutting down the phone and turning it on again? Smiley Happy

36 of 49 (2,595 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 6:16:48 PM
(0)
Scholar
The update only took 30minutes for me. But make sure you do not do anything while the phone is updating. No txting, no making or recieving calls. Letbthe phone do its thing. So tell your friends not to contact you before you update. Hope.all works for you.
The update only took 30minutes for me. But make sure you do not do anything while the phone is updating. No txting, no making or recieving calls. Letbthe phone do its thing. So tell your friends not to contact you before you update. Hope.all works for you.

37 of 49 (2,573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 6:42:47 PM
(0)
Contributor

yes, i also have an issue with the Vivid resetting only to go to the 'Android is Updating' screen, is there a solution or an update coming soon?

yes, i also have an issue with the Vivid resetting only to go to the 'Android is Updating' screen, is there a solution or an update coming soon?

38 of 49 (2,570 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 6:48:07 PM
(0)
Scholar
How are you doing the update?
How are you doing the update?

39 of 49 (2,569 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2012 6:47:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
^ htc- davis has read my mind as I was just about to ask that as well! Smiley Happy

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
^ htc- davis has read my mind as I was just about to ask that as well! Smiley Happy

40 of 49 (2,562 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2012 7:30:53 AM
(0)
Scholar
They say good minds think aike!

But yes kshakir80 there is already update for the phone. Considering it would be best if you did the update thru wifi, and dont mess with the phone while it is updating.
They say good minds think aike!

But yes kshakir80 there is already update for the phone. Considering it would be best if you did the update thru wifi, and dont mess with the phone while it is updating.

41 of 49 (2,655 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 8:04:49 AM
(0)
Teacher

I still can't even get the update, still can't connect to the server...

I still can't even get the update, still can't connect to the server...

42 of 49 (2,564 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2012 3:46:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

i just got a warranty replacement and android still upgrades applications ever since ICS upgrade through USB, maybe registry settings save running configuration into RAM and not NVRAM, dont know!!

i just got a warranty replacement and android still upgrades applications ever since ICS upgrade through USB, maybe registry settings save running configuration into RAM and not NVRAM, dont know!!

43 of 49 (2,540 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 7:24:40 PM
(0)
Mentor
My headset doesn't work, skips when charging and using WiFi. I have to turn off WiFi when listening to Pandora and use att data. I wonder if its a problem because I have unlimited data.
My headset doesn't work, skips when charging and using WiFi. I have to turn off WiFi when listening to Pandora and use att data. I wonder if its a problem because I have unlimited data.

44 of 49 (2,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2013 6:48:16 AM
(0)
Voyager

I have an HTC ONE that went through an update. Not sure which one. I have a new icon in the notification bar I dont recognize. It looks like a couple of intertwined check marks. Can't seem to get it to go away. Any ideas what it is? Also, the scroll screens doesn't stop on the ends (making you go back and forth), The screens just keep going round and round. Also, the background picture stays stationary. I cant seem to get it to scroll with the screens anymore (not that I want it to). Als, when I plug in my usb, I used to have the option to charge only or use as a storage device. That is gone. I assume I need to manually turn thi on somehow when I want to back up information?

I have an HTC ONE that went through an update. Not sure which one. I have a new icon in the notification bar I dont recognize. It looks like a couple of intertwined check marks. Can't seem to get it to go away. Any ideas what it is? Also, the scroll screens doesn't stop on the ends (making you go back and forth), The screens just keep going round and round. Also, the background picture stays stationary. I cant seem to get it to scroll with the screens anymore (not that I want it to). Als, when I plug in my usb, I used to have the option to charge only or use as a storage device. That is gone. I assume I need to manually turn thi on somehow when I want to back up information?

45 of 49 (2,098 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2013 7:59:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Apr 11, 2013 at 8:17:57 AM

Stuffedcrust wrote:

Your post is for a completely different device than the subject of this thread. You should have started your own thread, or found one that is more applicable.

Everything you describe are intentional changes in the 3.18 Jellybean (JB) OTA on the One X:

1)  The notification ison your describe sounds like the new icon for Near Field Communication (NFC).  The feature is not new, they just included a new icon for it.  NFC is default "on" in the JB update.  Just go into settings to turn NFC off, if you don't use it.  If you do use it, you unfortunately will have to live with the notification icon while NFC is on.

2)  The home screen "carousel" doesn't stop at the first and last screen anymore, it loops now.  Don't know why they changed it, but they did.

3)  The home screen wallpaper doesn't scroll now.  Its intentional.  Again, not necessarily a change for the better.  But for whatever reason, that is just the way it is now.

4)  USB connection is now MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).  This allows both the phone and your computer to be able to access storage at the same time.  Before, if you switched to disk drive mode, your computer would be able to access the SD storage, but the phone could not (until you turned Disk Mode off, or disconnected USB).  Now with MTP, you don't have to manually toggle Charge Only vs. Disk Drive, since its no longer necessary. 

MTP mode is something that Google is now trying to standardize within Android.  Yet again, this is not necessarily a change for the better, depending on your own preferences and usage.  For one thing, MTP unfortunately does not support USB mass storage mode. Pics will no longer display thumbnails when the files are viewed on a computer, which to me is a big bummer.  MTP mode also can't be read by some car stereo units, from what I've read.

Stuffedcrust wrote:

Your post is for a completely different device than the subject of this thread. You should have started your own thread, or found one that is more applicable.

Everything you describe are intentional changes in the 3.18 Jellybean (JB) OTA on the One X:

1)  The notification ison your describe sounds like the new icon for Near Field Communication (NFC).  The feature is not new, they just included a new icon for it.  NFC is default "on" in the JB update.  Just go into settings to turn NFC off, if you don't use it.  If you do use it, you unfortunately will have to live with the notification icon while NFC is on.

2)  The home screen "carousel" doesn't stop at the first and last screen anymore, it loops now.  Don't know why they changed it, but they did.

3)  The home screen wallpaper doesn't scroll now.  Its intentional.  Again, not necessarily a change for the better.  But for whatever reason, that is just the way it is now.

4)  USB connection is now MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).  This allows both the phone and your computer to be able to access storage at the same time.  Before, if you switched to disk drive mode, your computer would be able to access the SD storage, but the phone could not (until you turned Disk Mode off, or disconnected USB).  Now with MTP, you don't have to manually toggle Charge Only vs. Disk Drive, since its no longer necessary. 

MTP mode is something that Google is now trying to standardize within Android.  Yet again, this is not necessarily a change for the better, depending on your own preferences and usage.  For one thing, MTP unfortunately does not support USB mass storage mode. Pics will no longer display thumbnails when the files are viewed on a computer, which to me is a big bummer.  MTP mode also can't be read by some car stereo units, from what I've read.

[ Edited ]
46 of 49 (2,087 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2013 8:27:18 AM
(0)
Voyager

Sorry. I am new to the community also. I tried to look for update issues for the HTC ONE and it kept bringing me back to this thread. Anyway, thanks for the responses. It helps knowing my issues are by design and not a problem with my phone.

Sorry. I am new to the community also. I tried to look for update issues for the HTC ONE and it kept bringing me back to this thread. Anyway, thanks for the responses. It helps knowing my issues are by design and not a problem with my phone.

47 of 49 (2,069 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2013 9:10:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Hello there Stuffedcrust. Smiley Happy

Welcome to the forums.

The HTC One is available for pre-order and will be shipping to customers on April 16th (delays may be possible depending on consumer demand)! Smiley Wink

However we know very little about the AT&T HTC One as its not available as you can see. Smiley Happy if your encountering issues with the international version, you can create a separate thread someone with some knowledge about the device may be able to help.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy

Welcome to the forums.

The HTC One is available for pre-order and will be shipping to customers on April 16th (delays may be possible depending on consumer demand)! Smiley Wink

However we know very little about the AT&T HTC One as its not available as you can see. Smiley Happy if your encountering issues with the international version, you can create a separate thread someone with some knowledge about the device may be able to help.

48 of 49 (2,059 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2013 11:42:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Apr 11, 2013 at 11:44:12 AM

Evandela wrote:

Welcome to the forums.

I'm almost completely certain that Stuffedcrusst meant the One X, not the One. Honest mistake, as the "X" was simply omitted.

The Jellybean OTA is just now getting around to some folks on the AT&T One X, as it began being deployed as of about a month ago.  And the features he described fit the changes in the One X Jellybean firmware, to a tee.

Evandela wrote:

Welcome to the forums.

I'm almost completely certain that Stuffedcrusst meant the One X, not the One. Honest mistake, as the "X" was simply omitted.

The Jellybean OTA is just now getting around to some folks on the AT&T One X, as it began being deployed as of about a month ago.  And the features he described fit the changes in the One X Jellybean firmware, to a tee.

[ Edited ]
49 of 49 (2,042 Views)