Helpful Links

HTC Vivid - Android 4.0 ICS Update now available!

ACE - Professor

HTC Vivid - Android 4.0 ICS Update now available!

Hi folks!

If you read the title, then you guessed it, the Android 4.0 (code name Ice Cream Sandwich) is now available for HTC Vivid users starting today! After installing the software update, customers can now enjoy the optimized audio experience of Beats by Dr. Dre Audio™ and new and improved HTC Sense™ experience. Smiley Happy

The update can be downloaded via Wi-Fi but before installing, make sure to back up your important information and have at least 50% battery power remaining! Smiley Wink

Full information on the AT&T Corporate News Page

Enjoy!

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 49
Scholar

Re: HTC Vivid - Android 4.0 ICS Update now available!

Ok thankyou. One more ? Do i just let the phone reboot itself and not mess with it until its said done or complete
Message 16 of 49
Professor

htc-davis wrote:
Ok thankyou. One more ? Do i just let the phone reboot itself and not mess with it until its said done or complete

Why, is it frozen on the bootscreen or something?  It takes longer to boot when updating, but shouldn't be more than several (5, 10 minutes tops) minutes.

In general, you should never mess with the device while its updating.

Message 17 of 49
Scholar

Just downloaded the ICS for vivid. Very nice. Much faster so far, snappy little thing. Good job At&t.
Message 18 of 49
Scholar

I to had no problems downloading it threw wifi. It took prolly 30minutes. The best thing about the update is being able to disable apps. Also the response of the phone now. It is incredible.
Message 19 of 49
ACE - Professor

Awesome to hear your enjoying ICS on the HTC VIvid so far htc-davis! Smiley Happy

Posted from my iPhone 4S on AT&T, the nation's fastest 4G network.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 49
Scholar

A follow-up to prior posts....

Calwidget works if you delete the previous wideget and reinstall it.

Somehow the iHeartRadio app icon came back after I mounted my ext_sd.  The update dismounted that drive.

The WiFi connection problem is actually part of a *NEW* feature to conserve power--it defaults to turning WiFi "off" when "sleeping", but somehow the default WiFi button widget still shows WiFi as on (it really isn't--this is a *BUG*).  The workaround was to turn WiFi off and then on again and you would find your access point.  I found the location to configure WiFi to automatically discover and now it's back to full functionality again.

More comments: 

Browser seems a lot better speed-wise and rendering of displays.

Email format seems better as well compared to before.

Message 21 of 49
ACE - Professor

Interesting, thanks for that update rdcinhou!

How about the battery life on the HTC Vivid? Do you find it as improved? What was it like before? Does it last significantly longer?

While running on LTE, is better as well?

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 49
Scholar

Redpoint73, you asked if the phone was frozen, no sir! I was meaning while its updating, i should just let it reboot itself. I dont even know why i asked such a question. Common sense.

Thankyou Evandela!
Message 23 of 49
Teacher

I downloaded it last night by just using the "AT&T Software Update" icon in the Settings menu.  No problems so far.  It seems to run faster...not so much the internet but the phone itself...it changes between screens very fast...a noticeable difference.  As someone noted some of the icons disappear but the name of the program remains so the program is identifiable. I only had two..gmail and iheartradio.  Just delete them, then add them back.

One thing that is annoying...when restarting the phone you get the message "Android is Updating" then it runs a count of the number of applications on your phone.  Since, I don't have a lot, it doesn't take very long, but I could see if you have a lot of applications it might take awhile to restart.

But so far so good.

Message 24 of 49
ACE - Professor

My pleasure htc-davis Smiley Happy

Do you folks notice a difference in battery life? Better or worse? Is it by a lot? Smiley Happy

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 25 of 49
Scholar

Yes, a big difference in better battery life. I charge mine once every 36 hours so far. And the internet on mine is so fast, unbelievable.
Message 26 of 49
ACE - Professor

Awesome to hear Smiley Happy how often did you charge before? Less than 24 hours? How about everyone else? You all can weigh in too!

Posted from my iPod Touch.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 27 of 49
Contributor

Same thing just happened to me.  I'm reading all the mentioned solutions but the screen on mine is so frozen I have no where to turn but drive straight to the AT&T store and ask them to fix it...

Message 28 of 49
Scholar

Really, about every 20-24 depending on the usage.

Message 29 of 49
Scholar

Question?? I accidentally hit full site on this site threw my cell phone, and now i havent been able to find the option to switch back to "mobile view"..... anybody know where to find the option for this.

Message 30 of 49
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support