HTC Vivid - Android 4.0 ICS Update now available!

ACE - Professor

HTC Vivid - Android 4.0 ICS Update now available!

Hi folks!

If you read the title, then you guessed it, the Android 4.0 (code name Ice Cream Sandwich) is now available for HTC Vivid users starting today! After installing the software update, customers can now enjoy the optimized audio experience of Beats by Dr. Dre Audio™ and new and improved HTC Sense™ experience. Smiley Happy

The update can be downloaded via Wi-Fi but before installing, make sure to back up your important information and have at least 50% battery power remaining! Smiley Wink

Full information on the AT&T Corporate News Page

Enjoy!

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 49 (6,965 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: HTC Vivid - Android 4.0 ICS Update now available!

HTC-Davis, scroll down all the way and select "Mobile" on the lower left side of the screen. Smiley Wink

Posted from my iPod touch.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 31 of 49 (2,957 Views)
Scholar

I looked an there is no mobile/full like there used to be. Thats strange.

Message 32 of 49 (2,947 Views)
ACE - Professor

Hmm.. That's strange. Ok, as an alternative delete your browsing history and cookies and see if that helps. That should make everything back to normal though the websites you visited will be gone in the process. Smiley Wink

Posted from my iPhone 4S on AT&T, the nation's fastest 4G network.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 33 of 49 (2,935 Views)
Contributor

Could anyone tell me how long should the update take please? It has been one hour now. Is this normal? Thanks!

Message 34 of 49 (2,918 Views)
Contributor

I recently updated my phone...but I'm having a problem pulling up my text msgs. When I click on the message icon, it says "please wait"....is any1 having this problem or a solution to my problem? Thanks!
Message 35 of 49 (2,877 Views)
ACE - Professor

Hi dhu1223.,

It shouldn't take any longer than 1 hour I believe. Are you still experiencing issues? Smiley Happy
------------
Hi msjazz05,

Have you tried shutting down the phone and turning it on again? Smiley Happy

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 36 of 49 (2,868 Views)
Scholar

The update only took 30minutes for me. But make sure you do not do anything while the phone is updating. No txting, no making or recieving calls. Letbthe phone do its thing. So tell your friends not to contact you before you update. Hope.all works for you.
Message 37 of 49 (2,846 Views)
Contributor

yes, i also have an issue with the Vivid resetting only to go to the 'Android is Updating' screen, is there a solution or an update coming soon?

Message 38 of 49 (2,843 Views)
Scholar

How are you doing the update?
Message 39 of 49 (2,842 Views)
ACE - Professor

^ htc- davis has read my mind as I was just about to ask that as well! Smiley Happy

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 40 of 49 (2,835 Views)
Scholar

They say good minds think aike!

But yes kshakir80 there is already update for the phone. Considering it would be best if you did the update thru wifi, and dont mess with the phone while it is updating.
Message 41 of 49 (2,928 Views)
Teacher

I still can't even get the update, still can't connect to the server...

Message 42 of 49 (2,837 Views)
Contributor

i just got a warranty replacement and android still upgrades applications ever since ICS upgrade through USB, maybe registry settings save running configuration into RAM and not NVRAM, dont know!!

Message 43 of 49 (2,813 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

My headset doesn't work, skips when charging and using WiFi. I have to turn off WiFi when listening to Pandora and use att data. I wonder if its a problem because I have unlimited data.
Message 44 of 49 (2,579 Views)
Voyager

I have an HTC ONE that went through an update. Not sure which one. I have a new icon in the notification bar I dont recognize. It looks like a couple of intertwined check marks. Can't seem to get it to go away. Any ideas what it is? Also, the scroll screens doesn't stop on the ends (making you go back and forth), The screens just keep going round and round. Also, the background picture stays stationary. I cant seem to get it to scroll with the screens anymore (not that I want it to). Als, when I plug in my usb, I used to have the option to charge only or use as a storage device. That is gone. I assume I need to manually turn thi on somehow when I want to back up information?

Message 45 of 49 (2,371 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.