The Samsung Galaxy S24
Rayosun's profile

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 8:53 PM

HTC Vivid - Android 4.0 ICS Update now available!

Hi folks!

If you read the title, then you guessed it, the Android 4.0 (code name Ice Cream Sandwich) is now available for HTC Vivid users starting today! After installing the software update, customers can now enjoy the optimized audio experience of Beats by Dr. Dre Audio™ and new and improved HTC Sense™ experience. 🙂

The update can be downloaded via Wi-Fi but before installing, make sure to back up your important information and have at least 50% battery power remaining! 😉

Full information on the AT&T Corporate News Page

Enjoy!

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine :)

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

I still can't even get the update, still can't connect to the server...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

i just got a warranty replacement and android still upgrades applications ever since ICS upgrade through USB, maybe registry settings save running configuration into RAM and not NVRAM, dont know!!

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

12 years ago

My headset doesn't work, skips when charging and using WiFi. I have to turn off WiFi when listening to Pandora and use att data. I wonder if its a problem because I have unlimited data.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I have an HTC ONE that went through an update. Not sure which one. I have a new icon in the notification bar I dont recognize. It looks like a couple of intertwined check marks. Can't seem to get it to go away. Any ideas what it is? Also, the scroll screens doesn't stop on the ends (making you go back and forth), The screens just keep going round and round. Also, the background picture stays stationary. I cant seem to get it to scroll with the screens anymore (not that I want it to). Als, when I plug in my usb, I used to have the option to charge only or use as a storage device. That is gone. I assume I need to manually turn thi on somehow when I want to back up information?

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@Stuffedcrust wrote:

I have an HTC ONE that went through an update. Not sure which one. I have a new icon in the notification bar I dont recognize. It looks like a couple of intertwined check marks. Can't seem to get it to go away. Any ideas what it is? Also, the scroll screens doesn't stop on the ends (making you go back and forth), The screens just keep going round and round. Also, the background picture stays stationary. I cant seem to get it to scroll with the screens anymore (not that I want it to). Als, when I plug in my usb, I used to have the option to charge only or use as a storage device. That is gone. I assume I need to manually turn thi on somehow when I want to back up information?

Your post is for a completely different device than the subject of this thread. You should have started your own thread, or found one that is more applicable.

Everything you describe are intentional changes in the 3.18 Jellybean (JB) OTA on the One X:

1)  The notification ison your describe sounds like the new icon for Near Field Communication (NFC).  The feature is not new, they just included a new icon for it.  NFC is default "on" in the JB update.  Just go into settings to turn NFC off, if you don't use it.  If you do use it, you unfortunately will have to live with the notification icon while NFC is on.

2)  The home screen "carousel" doesn't stop at the first and last screen anymore, it loops now.  Don't know why they changed it, but they did.

3)  The home screen wallpaper doesn't scroll now.  Its intentional.  Again, not necessarily a change for the better.  But for whatever reason, that is just the way it is now.

4)  USB connection is now MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).  This allows both the phone and your computer to be able to access storage at the same time.  Before, if you switched to disk drive mode, your computer would be able to access the SD storage, but the phone could not (until you turned Disk Mode off, or disconnected USB).  Now with MTP, you don't have to manually toggle Charge Only vs. Disk Drive, since its no longer necessary. 

MTP mode is something that Google is now trying to standardize within Android.  Yet again, this is not necessarily a change for the better, depending on your own preferences and usage.  For one thing, MTP unfortunately does not support USB mass storage mode. Pics will no longer display thumbnails when the files are viewed on a computer, which to me is a big bummer.  MTP mode also can't be read by some car stereo units, from what I've read.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry. I am new to the community also. I tried to look for update issues for the HTC ONE and it kept bringing me back to this thread. Anyway, thanks for the responses. It helps knowing my issues are by design and not a problem with my phone.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Hello there Stuffedcrust. 🙂

Welcome to the forums.

The HTC One is available for pre-order and will be shipping to customers on April 16th (delays may be possible depending on consumer demand)! 😉

However we know very little about the AT&T HTC One as its not available as you can see. 🙂 if your encountering issues with the international version, you can create a separate thread someone with some knowledge about the device may be able to help.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@Evandela wrote:
Hello there Stuffedcrust. 🙂

Welcome to the forums.

The HTC One is available for pre-order and will be shipping to customers on April 16th (delays may be possible depending on consumer demand)! 😉

However we know very little about the AT&T HTC One as its not available as you can see. 🙂 if your encountering issues with the international version, you can create a separate thread someone with some knowledge about the device may be able to help.

I'm almost completely certain that Stuffedcrusst meant the One X, not the One. Honest mistake, as the "X" was simply omitted.

The Jellybean OTA is just now getting around to some folks on the AT&T One X, as it began being deployed as of about a month ago.  And the features he described fit the changes in the One X Jellybean firmware, to a tee.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.