For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Rayosun's profile

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 8:53 PM

HTC Vivid - Android 4.0 ICS Update now available!

Hi folks!

If you read the title, then you guessed it, the Android 4.0 (code name Ice Cream Sandwich) is now available for HTC Vivid users starting today! After installing the software update, customers can now enjoy the optimized audio experience of Beats by Dr. Dre Audio™ and new and improved HTC Sense™ experience. 🙂

The update can be downloaded via Wi-Fi but before installing, make sure to back up your important information and have at least 50% battery power remaining! 😉

Full information on the AT&T Corporate News Page

Enjoy!

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine :)

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

I looked an there is no mobile/full like there used to be. Thats strange.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Hmm.. That's strange. Ok, as an alternative delete your browsing history and cookies and see if that helps. That should make everything back to normal though the websites you visited will be gone in the process. 😉

Posted from my iPhone 4S on AT&T, the nation's fastest 4G network.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Could anyone tell me how long should the update take please? It has been one hour now. Is this normal? Thanks!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I recently updated my phone...but I'm having a problem pulling up my text msgs. When I click on the message icon, it says "please wait"....is any1 having this problem or a solution to my problem? Thanks!

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Hi dhu1223.,

It shouldn't take any longer than 1 hour I believe. Are you still experiencing issues? 🙂
------------
Hi msjazz05,

Have you tried shutting down the phone and turning it on again? 🙂

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

The update only took 30minutes for me. But make sure you do not do anything while the phone is updating. No txting, no making or recieving calls. Letbthe phone do its thing. So tell your friends not to contact you before you update. Hope.all works for you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

yes, i also have an issue with the Vivid resetting only to go to the 'Android is Updating' screen, is there a solution or an update coming soon?

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

How are you doing the update?

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

^ htc- davis has read my mind as I was just about to ask that as well! 🙂

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

They say good minds think aike!

But yes kshakir80 there is already update for the phone. Considering it would be best if you did the update thru wifi, and dont mess with the phone while it is updating.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.