The Samsung Galaxy S24
Rayosun's profile

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 8:53 PM

HTC Vivid - Android 4.0 ICS Update now available!

Hi folks!

If you read the title, then you guessed it, the Android 4.0 (code name Ice Cream Sandwich) is now available for HTC Vivid users starting today! After installing the software update, customers can now enjoy the optimized audio experience of Beats by Dr. Dre Audio™ and new and improved HTC Sense™ experience. 🙂

The update can be downloaded via Wi-Fi but before installing, make sure to back up your important information and have at least 50% battery power remaining! 😉

Full information on the AT&T Corporate News Page

Enjoy!

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine :)

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Interesting, thanks for that update rdcinhou!

How about the battery life on the HTC Vivid? Do you find it as improved? What was it like before? Does it last significantly longer?

While running on LTE, is better as well?

Posted from my iPhone 4S on AT&T, the nation's fastest 4G network.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

Redpoint73, you asked if the phone was frozen, no sir! I was meaning while its updating, i should just let it reboot itself. I dont even know why i asked such a question. Common sense.

Thankyou Evandela!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

I downloaded it last night by just using the "AT&T Software Update" icon in the Settings menu.  No problems so far.  It seems to run faster...not so much the internet but the phone itself...it changes between screens very fast...a noticeable difference.  As someone noted some of the icons disappear but the name of the program remains so the program is identifiable. I only had two..gmail and iheartradio.  Just delete them, then add them back.

One thing that is annoying...when restarting the phone you get the message "Android is Updating" then it runs a count of the number of applications on your phone.  Since, I don't have a lot, it doesn't take very long, but I could see if you have a lot of applications it might take awhile to restart.

But so far so good.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

My pleasure htc-davis 🙂

Do you folks notice a difference in battery life? Better or worse? Is it by a lot? 🙂

Posted from my iPhone 4S on AT&T, the nation's fastest 4G network.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

Yes, a big difference in better battery life. I charge mine once every 36 hours so far. And the internet on mine is so fast, unbelievable.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Awesome to hear 🙂 how often did you charge before? Less than 24 hours? How about everyone else? You all can weigh in too!

Posted from my iPod Touch.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Same thing just happened to me.  I'm reading all the mentioned solutions but the screen on mine is so frozen I have no where to turn but drive straight to the AT&T store and ask them to fix it...

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

Really, about every 20-24 depending on the usage.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

Question?? I accidentally hit full site on this site threw my cell phone, and now i havent been able to find the option to switch back to "mobile view"..... anybody know where to find the option for this.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

HTC-Davis, scroll down all the way and select "Mobile" on the lower left side of the screen. 😉

Posted from my iPod touch.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.