The Samsung Galaxy S24
Rayosun's profile

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 8:53 PM

HTC Vivid - Android 4.0 ICS Update now available!

Hi folks!

If you read the title, then you guessed it, the Android 4.0 (code name Ice Cream Sandwich) is now available for HTC Vivid users starting today! After installing the software update, customers can now enjoy the optimized audio experience of Beats by Dr. Dre Audio™ and new and improved HTC Sense™ experience. 🙂

The update can be downloaded via Wi-Fi but before installing, make sure to back up your important information and have at least 50% battery power remaining! 😉

Full information on the AT&T Corporate News Page

Enjoy!

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine :)

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

So do i need to take my sd card out for this download?? Do i need to write down all my contacts??

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

So for the ICS update on the vivid should the sd card be removed??

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Hi htc-davis,

No, you do not need to remove the SD card from your device. 🙂

~ Evandela ~

Professor

• 

3K Messages

12 years ago

@htc-davis wrote:
So do i need to take my sd card out for this download?? Do i need to write down all my contacts??

Write down all your contacts, seriously?  In this day and age?

Update should not affect personal data.

But if your contacts are on Gmail (the way Android is meant to be used) it doesn't even matter.  All your contacts are saved to the cloud.  Even in the case of a factory reset, all your contacts will just auto-magically sync after the reset.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

Ok thankyou. One more ? Do i just let the phone reboot itself and not mess with it until its said done or complete

Professor

• 

3K Messages

12 years ago

@htc-davis wrote:
Ok thankyou. One more ? Do i just let the phone reboot itself and not mess with it until its said done or complete

Why, is it frozen on the bootscreen or something?  It takes longer to boot when updating, but shouldn't be more than several (5, 10 minutes tops) minutes.

In general, you should never mess with the device while its updating.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

Just downloaded the ICS for vivid. Very nice. Much faster so far, snappy little thing. Good job At&t.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

I to had no problems downloading it threw wifi. It took prolly 30minutes. The best thing about the update is being able to disable apps. Also the response of the phone now. It is incredible.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Awesome to hear your enjoying ICS on the HTC VIvid so far htc-davis! 🙂

Posted from my iPhone 4S on AT&T, the nation's fastest 4G network.

Scholar

• 

211 Messages

12 years ago

A follow-up to prior posts....

Calwidget works if you delete the previous wideget and reinstall it.

Somehow the iHeartRadio app icon came back after I mounted my ext_sd.  The update dismounted that drive.

The WiFi connection problem is actually part of a *NEW* feature to conserve power--it defaults to turning WiFi "off" when "sleeping", but somehow the default WiFi button widget still shows WiFi as on (it really isn't--this is a *BUG*).  The workaround was to turn WiFi off and then on again and you would find your access point.  I found the location to configure WiFi to automatically discover and now it's back to full functionality again.

More comments: 

Browser seems a lot better speed-wise and rendering of displays.

Email format seems better as well compared to before.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.