Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 24, 2013
1:41:58 AM
View profile
HTC One from amazon - At&t

So amazon has this phone for sale: 

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-One-Silver-AT-T/dp/B00C5SJEXO/ref=pd_cp_cps_0

It says it's from AT&T. If I purchase it without a service plan and pay the price for the unlocked HTC version, $599 will the HTC be unlocked when it arrives or not? Thanks!

So amazon has this phone for sale: 

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-One-Silver-AT-T/dp/B00C5SJEXO/ref=pd_cp_cps_0

It says it's from AT&T. If I purchase it without a service plan and pay the price for the unlocked HTC version, $599 will the HTC be unlocked when it arrives or not? Thanks!

HTC One from amazon - At&t

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 1:15:11 PM
(0)
Tutor

I believe this would still be locked to AT&T. It would be best to buy it directly from HTC if you want the unlocked version.

I believe this would still be locked to AT&T. It would be best to buy it directly from HTC if you want the unlocked version.

Re: HTC One from amazon - At&t

2 of 5 (4,370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 9:25:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
The poster above is correct, the phone would still be locked to AT&T. If you would like to have the phone unlocked out of the box, you would have to buy it from HTC directly. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
The poster above is correct, the phone would still be locked to AT&T. If you would like to have the phone unlocked out of the box, you would have to buy it from HTC directly. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (4,340 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 9:40:17 AM
(0)
Guru

Unless you specifically want HTC Sense features, I strongly suggest buying the HTC One Google Edition from the Google Play Store. It costs the same as the unlocked version and is compatible with AT&T's LTE, whereas the unlocked version is not. The Google Edition comes with stock Android, which will enable it to get prompt updates, and is fully unlocked.

Unless you specifically want HTC Sense features, I strongly suggest buying the HTC One Google Edition from the Google Play Store. It costs the same as the unlocked version and is compatible with AT&T's LTE, whereas the unlocked version is not. The Google Edition comes with stock Android, which will enable it to get prompt updates, and is fully unlocked.

4 of 5 (4,297 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2013 11:56:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Jul 31, 2013 at 11:57:28 AM

Purchasing the phone from Amazon, is essentially just buying it from an authorized AT&T dealer.  You can buy it for the subsidized price and sign up for a 2-year service contract, or pay full retail.  But its still SIM locked to AT&T.

If you need SIM unlocked, buy from HTC or Google Play Store, as previously suggested.  Or from a 3rd party vendor that specialized in unlocked phones. 

Purchasing the phone from Amazon, is essentially just buying it from an authorized AT&T dealer.  You can buy it for the subsidized price and sign up for a 2-year service contract, or pay full retail.  But its still SIM locked to AT&T.

If you need SIM unlocked, buy from HTC or Google Play Store, as previously suggested.  Or from a 3rd party vendor that specialized in unlocked phones. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (4,119 Views)