Dragospaul's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 8:41 AM

HTC One from amazon - At&t

So amazon has this phone for sale: 

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-One-Silver-AT-T/dp/B00C5SJEXO/ref=pd_cp_cps_0

It says it's from AT&T. If I purchase it without a service plan and pay the price for the unlocked HTC version, $599 will the HTC be unlocked when it arrives or not? Thanks!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I believe this would still be locked to AT&T. It would be best to buy it directly from HTC if you want the unlocked version.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

The poster above is correct, the phone would still be locked to AT&T. If you would like to have the phone unlocked out of the box, you would have to buy it from HTC directly. 🙂

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

Unless you specifically want HTC Sense features, I strongly suggest buying the HTC One Google Edition from the Google Play Store. It costs the same as the unlocked version and is compatible with AT&T's LTE, whereas the unlocked version is not. The Google Edition comes with stock Android, which will enable it to get prompt updates, and is fully unlocked.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

Purchasing the phone from Amazon, is essentially just buying it from an authorized AT&T dealer.  You can buy it for the subsidized price and sign up for a 2-year service contract, or pay full retail.  But its still SIM locked to AT&T.

If you need SIM unlocked, buy from HTC or Google Play Store, as previously suggested.  Or from a 3rd party vendor that specialized in unlocked phones. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.