The Samsung Galaxy S24
Lenneth1985's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, July 21st, 2013 5:57 AM

HTC One cannot update

Hi, I have an HTC One that was bought from AT&T but right now, I'm in the Philippines and unlocked the device so I can use SIM from the network providers here. However, it seems like I'm having a hard time getting updates, I can't even update the firmware to the 1.26.502.12 version, I'm wondering what could be the problem, I'm really thinking of getting custom ROMs already just yo have this phone updated, can somebody enlighten me?

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@bledushka wrote:

i bought htc one at&t in ebay, but canot update it. im from albania  can you help me please ?

You won't receive OTA updates outside of the US.  You will have to wait until an RUU (ROM Update Utility) for the latest 4.18 firmware is posted on HTC's support webpage.  Once the RUU is avaiable, you can run it on a PC with the phone connected, and this will update the phone.  Unfortunately, RUU will also wipe user data.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I spoke with htc support and they told me that its up to at&t to upload the RUU

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I didn't see any updates released for HTC One M7 (AT&T Unlocked) for the past 2 years.

Still my device software version is 4.18.502.7.  They have released software version 7.23.502.4 for an AT&T devices (NOT FOR UNLOCKED).

Why such a big service provider is not providing updates for an UNLOCKED devices when we are using it in US?

If they are unable to provide updates then why they are selling unlocked devices (go phones)?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.