HTC One cannot update

HTC One cannot update

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have an HTC One that was bought from AT&T but right now, I'm in the Philippines and unlocked the device so I can use SIM from the network providers here. However, it seems like I'm having a hard time getting updates, I can't even update the firmware to the 1.26.502.12 version, I'm wondering what could be the problem, I'm really thinking of getting custom ROMs already just yo have this phone updated, can somebody enlighten me?

Message 1 of 14 (18,121 Views)
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM (Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: HTC One cannot update

Hi there!

Unlocking the device only allows you to use the device on different wireless providers as you have mentioned.

However, if you bought the AT&T branded HTC One, then updates would still be only available when AT&T releases them after testing. It will not get the international released updates per se. If there are no updates available for your phone, it is because it is already up to date for the carrier version. Smiley Happy

Hope that makes sense. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 14 (18,109 Views)

Thing is,  the support site from htc says that I should have 1.26.502.12 as the latest firmware version and if I have anything lower than that then I should be able to update my device.  What I have right now is the 1.26.502.10 only.  Does my location affect the system update since I'm no longer using an AT&T SIM? 

Message 3 of 14 (18,108 Views)
ACE - Professor

It should not since usually AT&T updates require Wi-Fi to be on to search and download updates. Have you seen if you are able to download the missing update from the HTC website?

If all fails, I would try giving HTC a call and ask if they could push the update to your device.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 14 (18,102 Views)

So,  what should really be the latest firmware version should be the one provided by AT&T then?? Eventhough it was specifically stated that the firmware version is for AT&T branded devices?? 

Message 5 of 14 (18,099 Views)
ACE - Professor

Yes, even if your device is unlocked, it will only be updated as AT&T makes them available to customers.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 14 (18,063 Views)
Highlighted

I see...  Sad,  'coz from ehat I've read,  it takes a long time for AT&T to update software,  like the last carrier to give software updates.  Thanks still for the rrplies @evandela

Message 7 of 14 (18,056 Views)
Contributor

I have a HTC One and I still can not update my phone even though I know AT&T has pushed out the update.  Can anyone help?  

Message 8 of 14 (13,215 Views)
Professor

Sigann wrote:

I have a HTC One and I still can not update my phone even though I know AT&T has pushed out the update.  Can anyone help?  

You can try to back up your personal data, then do a factory reset.  Sometimes this will prompt the update to go through.  Or you can ask an AT&T second tier customer support person to push the update again (1st tier CS typically cannot do this).

Neither is a sure solution.  Your surest bet is to download the RUU and update manually.  But be aware this will wipe your phone, so backup any important personal data first.

Go to the following webpage, pick "News & download" on the left side of the page, and follow instructions for the manually system update:

http://www.htc.com/us/support/news.aspx?p_id=628&p_name=htc-one-att

Message 9 of 14 (12,647 Views)
Contributor

me too 

Message 10 of 14 (6,428 Views)
Contributor

i bought htc one at&t in ebay, but canot update it. im from albania  can you help me please ?

Message 11 of 14 (6,422 Views)
Professor

bledushka wrote:

i bought htc one at&t in ebay, but canot update it. im from albania  can you help me please ?

You won't receive OTA updates outside of the US.  You will have to wait until an RUU (ROM Update Utility) for the latest 4.18 firmware is posted on HTC's support webpage.  Once the RUU is avaiable, you can run it on a PC with the phone connected, and this will update the phone.  Unfortunately, RUU will also wipe user data.

Message 12 of 14 (6,414 Views)
Contributor

I spoke with htc support and they told me that its up to at&t to upload the RUU

Message 13 of 14 (3,073 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't see any updates released for HTC One M7 (AT&T Unlocked) for the past 2 years.

Still my device software version is 4.18.502.7.  They have released software version 7.23.502.4 for an AT&T devices (NOT FOR UNLOCKED).

Why such a big service provider is not providing updates for an UNLOCKED devices when we are using it in US?

If they are unable to provide updates then why they are selling unlocked devices (go phones)?

Message 14 of 14 (1,210 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.