Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 13, 2013
6:43:04 PM
View profile
HTC One X + update
I woke up earlier to an AT&T message saying your phone is ready for a new software update. So I downloaded it, an nothing has changed or happen. What's this about, was it jus a fake, or will I see something diff later?
I woke up earlier to an AT&T message saying your phone is ready for a new software update. So I downloaded it, an nothing has changed or happen. What's this about, was it jus a fake, or will I see something diff later?
HTC One X+

HTC One X + update

75 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(75)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2013 11:12:57 AM
(0)
Teacher

@ATTCustomerCare, do you have ETA on this issue?

It makes me frastrated:-(. A lot of apps cannot be used.

swiftkey seems to have this issue as well.

@ATTCustomerCare, do you have ETA on this issue?

It makes me frastrated:-(. A lot of apps cannot be used.

swiftkey seems to have this issue as well.

Re: HTC One X + update

61 of 76 (5,392 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2013 5:22:49 PM
(0)
Tutor
PhoneWizard, any progress?
PhoneWizard, any progress?

62 of 76 (5,313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2013 3:41:37 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by PhoneWizard on May 15, 2013 at 3:41:59 PM

Hi,

HTC's Escalation Team knows about the problem and is attempting to reproduce it on their end. I've sent along ygary's logs. They say that if they can fix it, it'll probably be a patch that's pushed out -- and that's exactly what we want, so hey.

There's been no progress made on the confidential good news, so much for that exciting post... Smiley Frustrated

I'm confident that we should be getting this resolved soon. HTC may be quickly end-of-lifing the One X+, but they've still got an obligation to fix the ones that are already out there!

Hi,

HTC's Escalation Team knows about the problem and is attempting to reproduce it on their end. I've sent along ygary's logs. They say that if they can fix it, it'll probably be a patch that's pushed out -- and that's exactly what we want, so hey.

There's been no progress made on the confidential good news, so much for that exciting post... Smiley Frustrated

I'm confident that we should be getting this resolved soon. HTC may be quickly end-of-lifing the One X+, but they've still got an obligation to fix the ones that are already out there!

[ Edited ]
63 of 76 (5,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2013 10:31:54 AM
(0)
Teacher

Can hard reset solve this problem?

Can hard reset solve this problem?

64 of 76 (5,228 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2013 10:33:38 AM
(0)
Teacher
Thank you, PhoneWizard!
Thank you, PhoneWizard!

65 of 76 (5,226 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2013 12:21:03 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by ygary on May 16, 2013 at 3:02:05 PM

I hard-reset my phone.  It is not encrypted yet. I've installed some apps. The problem is gone. Google Search, Netflix and etc start running. 

I'm going to charge my phone and encrypt it later today. Hope the issue will not come back. I will post update here

UPDATE: After encryption, the problem happens again. Obviously encryption is the cause.

In my case, Google Search is fine. Netflix and other Apps are having the problem after encryption.

I hard-reset my phone.  It is not encrypted yet. I've installed some apps. The problem is gone. Google Search, Netflix and etc start running. 

I'm going to charge my phone and encrypt it later today. Hope the issue will not come back. I will post update here

UPDATE: After encryption, the problem happens again. Obviously encryption is the cause.

In my case, Google Search is fine. Netflix and other Apps are having the problem after encryption.

[ Edited ]
66 of 76 (5,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2013 4:42:42 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by PhoneWizard on May 16, 2013 at 4:43:39 PM

ygary, it is correct that it's only when the device is encrypted that the problems with 1.19 update become apparent.

If there's a reason you need your device encrypted (corporate email), perhaps you could speak with your IT staff about an alternative? For example, your company might provide licenses for TouchDown for Smartphones or another such Exchange app.

If you have your device encrypted for another reason, or your company does not provide alternate solutions for mobile email, then I'm afraid the only solution is to sit and wait.

Between this, the persistent SIM card issues, and the occasional complete device shutoff that requires a hard reset, I'm beginning to become just a bit disillusioned with this phone... Smiley Happy

ygary, it is correct that it's only when the device is encrypted that the problems with 1.19 update become apparent.

If there's a reason you need your device encrypted (corporate email), perhaps you could speak with your IT staff about an alternative? For example, your company might provide licenses for TouchDown for Smartphones or another such Exchange app.

If you have your device encrypted for another reason, or your company does not provide alternate solutions for mobile email, then I'm afraid the only solution is to sit and wait.

Between this, the persistent SIM card issues, and the occasional complete device shutoff that requires a hard reset, I'm beginning to become just a bit disillusioned with this phone... Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
67 of 76 (5,193 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2013 10:49:10 AM
(0)
Teacher

Apparently we are forgottenSmiley Mad

Apparently we are forgottenSmiley Mad

68 of 76 (4,257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 11:11:58 AM
(0)
Mentor

We're never getting a resolution to this, unfortunately. The One X+ is no longer available for purchase, so I assume we won't get any fixes.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/htc/one-xplus-carbon-black.html

We're never getting a resolution to this, unfortunately. The One X+ is no longer available for purchase, so I assume we won't get any fixes.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/htc/one-xplus-carbon-black.html

69 of 76 (4,144 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 2:48:10 AM
(0)
Tutor
Why? There are many iPhone models out there that have been end-of-lifed, and yet still receive updates. Seems like poor customer service to me. They should at least provide a way to roll back to an earlier version of the firmware.
Why? There are many iPhone models out there that have been end-of-lifed, and yet still receive updates. Seems like poor customer service to me. They should at least provide a way to roll back to an earlier version of the firmware.

70 of 76 (3,946 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2013 6:27:39 AM
(0)
Contributor
I said to update but I don't think it installed. Every time I connect to a wifi network it says software update and doesn't give me anything to press like ok or update. Anyone can help please?
I said to update but I don't think it installed. Every time I connect to a wifi network it says software update and doesn't give me anything to press like ok or update. Anyone can help please?

71 of 76 (3,772 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2013 7:38:44 AM
(0)
Scholar

Has anyone tried going tot he application list and uninstalling the updates?  typically, you can uninstall any of the updates the apps receive, including the ATT applications, and I've done so to alleviate many problems in the past with some positive results.  I'm kind of jumping in here late, so forgive me if I missed this suggestion when I went back and did a quick run through the thread.  I have a One X (not One X+) so i can't check myself.

Has anyone tried going tot he application list and uninstalling the updates?  typically, you can uninstall any of the updates the apps receive, including the ATT applications, and I've done so to alleviate many problems in the past with some positive results.  I'm kind of jumping in here late, so forgive me if I missed this suggestion when I went back and did a quick run through the thread.  I have a One X (not One X+) so i can't check myself.

72 of 76 (3,764 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2013 12:34:53 PM
(0)
Teacher

Yes we can uninstall app updates. But we can't uninstall/roll back firmware.

Yes we can uninstall app updates. But we can't uninstall/roll back firmware.

73 of 76 (3,754 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 1:43:27 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by PhoneWizard on Jul 17, 2013 at 1:49:30 PM

krisn8, it's probably going to take months to get the 4.2 update to the One X+ (the patch will be added on to the 4.2 update,) if it happens at all. Until then, we're stuck.

Jlb128, you should be able to update directly via HTC's 1.19 ROM Update Utility. Please read all information prior to download.

https://support.htc.com/en-us/120-HTC_One_X_Plus_ATT/Software_Updates

garretttv, that's actually a useful suggestion for some of the apps affected by this issue (for example, Google Search,) but unfortunately we cannot roll back the firmware itself.

---WARRANTY-VOIDING INFORMATION BELOW, PLEASE DON'T REPLICATE---

I'm giving this information for educational purposes. Don't brick your phone.

I've been trying to figure a way to re-install the 1.15 update to a One X+, but it looks like I'd have to first switch the mainver to something lower, then install a custom ROM on top of 1.19, and then sideload the 1.15 rom.zip file. Or something. I am not an ADB expert. Smiley Happy But I'll keep trying and if I can find a way to downgrade, I'll let everyone know. Hopefully I won't brick too many of my precious phones on the way.

krisn8, it's probably going to take months to get the 4.2 update to the One X+ (the patch will be added on to the 4.2 update,) if it happens at all. Until then, we're stuck.

Jlb128, you should be able to update directly via HTC's 1.19 ROM Update Utility. Please read all information prior to download.

https://support.htc.com/en-us/120-HTC_One_X_Plus_ATT/Software_Updates

garretttv, that's actually a useful suggestion for some of the apps affected by this issue (for example, Google Search,) but unfortunately we cannot roll back the firmware itself.

---WARRANTY-VOIDING INFORMATION BELOW, PLEASE DON'T REPLICATE---

I'm giving this information for educational purposes. Don't brick your phone.

I've been trying to figure a way to re-install the 1.15 update to a One X+, but it looks like I'd have to first switch the mainver to something lower, then install a custom ROM on top of 1.19, and then sideload the 1.15 rom.zip file. Or something. I am not an ADB expert. Smiley Happy But I'll keep trying and if I can find a way to downgrade, I'll let everyone know. Hopefully I won't brick too many of my precious phones on the way.

[ Edited ]
74 of 76 (3,663 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2013 7:31:58 AM
(0)
Tutor
>> the patch will be added on to the 4.2 update

Just to be clear, are you saying that this issue is expected to be fixed in the new 4.2.2 update? If that's true, then that's very good news indeed. I just read that the HTC One X+ is expected to receive 4.2.2 around the end of August.
>> the patch will be added on to the 4.2 update

Just to be clear, are you saying that this issue is expected to be fixed in the new 4.2.2 update? If that's true, then that's very good news indeed. I just read that the HTC One X+ is expected to receive 4.2.2 around the end of August.

75 of 76 (3,537 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2013 12:04:09 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by PhoneWizard on Jul 22, 2013 at 12:05:38 PM

I unfortunately don't have a lot of information (and it's all somewhere around fifth- or sixth-hand and multiple months out of date,) but I'm fairly confident that, if the AT&T One X+ devices get the firmware update, the patch will be included.

HTC releasing the update for the One X+, though, doesn't mean it will be immediately released for the AT&T One X+. I am worried that, by the time that firmware OTA update is released, the One X+ will have been too long end-of-lifed by AT&T for us to receive that update.

I am hoping that AT&T understands why this is such a problem... people who have their phone encrypted are generally corporate users, so a person who is suddenly having issues with WebEx and Chrome after setting up corporate email might not feel good about buying an AT&T / HTC device for their next device... not having corporate email access is generally not an option for such users!

(Oh, and a brief update on my earlier warranty-voiding endeavors -- I was able to use a mainver fix, but now I need a good copy of the 1.15 ROM to get onto the phone. The one I have seems to be a corrupted .zip. How irritating.)

I unfortunately don't have a lot of information (and it's all somewhere around fifth- or sixth-hand and multiple months out of date,) but I'm fairly confident that, if the AT&T One X+ devices get the firmware update, the patch will be included.

HTC releasing the update for the One X+, though, doesn't mean it will be immediately released for the AT&T One X+. I am worried that, by the time that firmware OTA update is released, the One X+ will have been too long end-of-lifed by AT&T for us to receive that update.

I am hoping that AT&T understands why this is such a problem... people who have their phone encrypted are generally corporate users, so a person who is suddenly having issues with WebEx and Chrome after setting up corporate email might not feel good about buying an AT&T / HTC device for their next device... not having corporate email access is generally not an option for such users!

(Oh, and a brief update on my earlier warranty-voiding endeavors -- I was able to use a mainver fix, but now I need a good copy of the 1.15 ROM to get onto the phone. The one I have seems to be a corrupted .zip. How irritating.)

[ Edited ]
76 of 76 (3,486 Views)