Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 13, 2013
6:43:04 PM
View profile
HTC One X + update
I woke up earlier to an AT&T message saying your phone is ready for a new software update. So I downloaded it, an nothing has changed or happen. What's this about, was it jus a fake, or will I see something diff later?
I woke up earlier to an AT&T message saying your phone is ready for a new software update. So I downloaded it, an nothing has changed or happen. What's this about, was it jus a fake, or will I see something diff later?
HTC One X+

HTC One X + update

75 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(75)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 10:01:22 AM
(0)
Community Support

Good Day George,

We received your message. A manager is going to be in touch with you shortly. Thank you for your patience and most of all thank you for being our customer. ^Leslie

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Good Day George,

We received your message. A manager is going to be in touch with you shortly. Thank you for your patience and most of all thank you for being our customer. ^Leslie

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Re: HTC One X + update

31 of 76 (2,801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 10:12:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have the same problems as the others.  Stock phone, Chrome and Google Search will not run after OTA update.

I'm a mobile software developer, I have the crash logs if they're helpful.

com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox

signal 4 (SIGILL), code 1 (ILL_ILLOPC), fault addr 56671324

com.android.chrome

signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 000000c3

I have the same problems as the others.  Stock phone, Chrome and Google Search will not run after OTA update.

I'm a mobile software developer, I have the crash logs if they're helpful.

com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox

signal 4 (SIGILL), code 1 (ILL_ILLOPC), fault addr 56671324

com.android.chrome

signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 000000c3

32 of 76 (2,794 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 6:19:34 PM
(0)
Tutor
what is Isis?
what is Isis?

33 of 76 (2,755 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 8:48:44 PM
(0)
Teacher
I wasn't having any problems, but now Wi-Fi won't work. I guess the update was nothing special. Yes, "Jamileh" is correct, software is as had described. Along with what "Spunky711" I have noticed a lot better battery consumption.
I wasn't having any problems, but now Wi-Fi won't work. I guess the update was nothing special. Yes, "Jamileh" is correct, software is as had described. Along with what "Spunky711" I have noticed a lot better battery consumption.
HTC One X+

34 of 76 (2,742 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 9:24:05 PM
(0)
Tutor
I'm having browser issues since the download. Certain sites I could use before, close the browser. Biggest offender? Att.com, kicks me out of the browser every time I try to log on to check my account info. Some pages are a full screen but only showing half the info without being able to zoom in or out. Frustrating !
I'm having browser issues since the download. Certain sites I could use before, close the browser. Biggest offender? Att.com, kicks me out of the browser every time I try to log on to check my account info. Some pages are a full screen but only showing half the info without being able to zoom in or out. Frustrating !

35 of 76 (2,738 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2013 10:47:44 AM
(0)
Mentor

It's been five days since that update. It's confirmed that there are many phones that have had problems resulting from this update.

AT&T, do you guys have an ETA of when another update will be pushed out to correct these problems? 

subs2, here is a link explaining Isis.

It's been five days since that update. It's confirmed that there are many phones that have had problems resulting from this update.

AT&T, do you guys have an ETA of when another update will be pushed out to correct these problems? 

subs2, here is a link explaining Isis.

36 of 76 (2,694 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2013 11:30:36 AM
(0)
Voyager

Hi,

i have a ATT one X+, bought at no contract price, and is on ATT pay as you go service. my phone doesnt  see any aupdates at all. I tried to reboot the phone several times, checked for updates manually, tried *#*#2432546#*#*, but phone never shows any updates. can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

i have a ATT one X+, bought at no contract price, and is on ATT pay as you go service. my phone doesnt  see any aupdates at all. I tried to reboot the phone several times, checked for updates manually, tried *#*#2432546#*#*, but phone never shows any updates. can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

37 of 76 (2,567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2013 11:31:35 AM
(0)
Voyager
Hi,

i have a ATT one X+, bought at no contract price, and is on ATT pay as you go service. my phone doesnt see any aupdates at all. I tried to reboot the phone several times, checked for updates manually, tried *#*#2432546#*#*, but phone never shows any updates. can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

i have a ATT one X+, bought at no contract price, and is on ATT pay as you go service. my phone doesnt see any aupdates at all. I tried to reboot the phone several times, checked for updates manually, tried *#*#2432546#*#*, but phone never shows any updates. can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

38 of 76 (2,565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2013 10:40:13 AM
(0)
Contributor

When can we expect a resolution or an ETA for an update?

Google Search which is critical is broken and except the native browser everything else (Chrome,Firefox, Opera and Dolphon browser) is broken

This has happened after the ATT update 2 weeks back

When can we expect a resolution or an ETA for an update?

Google Search which is critical is broken and except the native browser everything else (Chrome,Firefox, Opera and Dolphon browser) is broken

This has happened after the ATT update 2 weeks back

39 of 76 (2,487 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2013 1:14:09 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by PhoneWizard on Apr 26, 2013 at 1:15:27 PM

bhavik_ht, have you tried updating via USB? http://www.htc.com/us/support/news.aspx?p_id=529&p_name=htc-one-x-plus-att

Please note that this WILL delete all your data. Back up all your data before proceeding.

EDIT: The USB update is supposed to not have the same app crashing problems as the OTA update, or so I've heard -- I can't personally verify this information, so take it as you will.

bhavik_ht, have you tried updating via USB? http://www.htc.com/us/support/news.aspx?p_id=529&p_name=htc-one-x-plus-att

Please note that this WILL delete all your data. Back up all your data before proceeding.

EDIT: The USB update is supposed to not have the same app crashing problems as the OTA update, or so I've heard -- I can't personally verify this information, so take it as you will.

[ Edited ]
40 of 76 (2,476 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2013 4:53:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

jamileh,

I updated my HTC One X+ to the latest software a few days ago.  I've verified that my version numbers match what you listed in your previous post.

Unfortunately, several applications on my phone no longer work.  The common factor among all of them -- they're graphics intensive (mostly games).

All of these apps/games worked fine just prior to the update.

What should I do?

jamileh,

I updated my HTC One X+ to the latest software a few days ago.  I've verified that my version numbers match what you listed in your previous post.

Unfortunately, several applications on my phone no longer work.  The common factor among all of them -- they're graphics intensive (mostly games).

What should I do?

41 of 76 (2,459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2013 12:28:30 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by sitnsidewayz on Apr 27, 2013 at 12:31:45 PM

krisn8 wrote:

jamileh,

What should I do?

The latest update did a software upgrade, from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean. It is possible that many applications that ran on ICS will not run on JB. Many developers are behind in regards to their applications running on JB due to the fact JB has been on such few devices until now and they have not been developing and testing on that platform. This many not be the case for all the apps that quit working for you, but very possible for many. By run, I mean run without issues. In some cases it may introduce new bugs not had before.

krisn8 wrote:

jamileh,

What should I do?

The latest update did a software upgrade, from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean. It is possible that many applications that ran on ICS will not run on JB. Many developers are behind in regards to their applications running on JB due to the fact JB has been on such few devices until now and they have not been developing and testing on that platform. This many not be the case for all the apps that quit working for you, but very possible for many. By run, I mean run without issues. In some cases it may introduce new bugs not had before.

[ Edited ]
42 of 76 (2,427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2013 5:17:33 AM
(0)
Tutor
But this is in regards to the HTC One X+ ... it came with Jelly Bean pre-installed, right out of the box.
But this is in regards to the HTC One X+ ... it came with Jelly Bean pre-installed, right out of the box.

43 of 76 (2,343 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2013 7:23:25 AM
(0)
Professor

krisn8 wrote:

Ahh, got it. My wife has the One X, which just got the update mentioned. Looks like the One X+ just received some supposed improvements and enhancements. As typical of HTC, most likely another buggy update. It is the reason I personally abandoned device from manufacturers that place their own overlay on Android. My wife is ok with the One X, but I don't like it. I previously had an HTC Inspire and had to root and install a custom rom just to shake all the bugs. I have found from prior experiences, it is best to backup data and manually install a fresh update downloaded from the HTC site as opposed to applying the update as an overlay. The downside is a loss of data and there is no guarantee that there won't still be bugs. The Inspire had a messaging bug that I don't think HTC ever corrected.

krisn8 wrote:

Ahh, got it. My wife has the One X, which just got the update mentioned. Looks like the One X+ just received some supposed improvements and enhancements. As typical of HTC, most likely another buggy update. It is the reason I personally abandoned device from manufacturers that place their own overlay on Android. My wife is ok with the One X, but I don't like it. I previously had an HTC Inspire and had to root and install a custom rom just to shake all the bugs. I have found from prior experiences, it is best to backup data and manually install a fresh update downloaded from the HTC site as opposed to applying the update as an overlay. The downside is a loss of data and there is no guarantee that there won't still be bugs. The Inspire had a messaging bug that I don't think HTC ever corrected.

44 of 76 (2,328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2013 11:32:14 AM
(0)
Mentor

krisn8, is your phone encrypted? (Settings > Storage > look for checkmark next to Storage Encryption) I'm just curious because I'm trying to narrow down the cause of this issue.

You might be able to re-update using the manual USB method, but it will factory reset your device so don't do it until you've thoroughly backed up all your data.

krisn8, is your phone encrypted? (Settings > Storage > look for checkmark next to Storage Encryption) I'm just curious because I'm trying to narrow down the cause of this issue.

You might be able to re-update using the manual USB method, but it will factory reset your device so don't do it until you've thoroughly backed up all your data.

45 of 76 (2,293 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2013 1:20:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

PhoneWizard,

My phone is encrypted.  I have the issue involving the Google apps crashing.

PhoneWizard,

My phone is encrypted.  I have the issue involving the Google apps crashing.

46 of 76 (2,288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2013 2:13:31 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by PhoneWizard on Apr 29, 2013 at 2:13:46 PM

I think we've hit the nail on the head.

I've been doing some testing over here, and factory resetting fixes all the issues --- UNTIL I re-encrypt the devices.

I think we've hit the nail on the head.

I've been doing some testing over here, and factory resetting fixes all the issues --- UNTIL I re-encrypt the devices.

[ Edited ]
47 of 76 (2,280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2013 5:18:43 PM
(0)
Tutor
Yes, my phone is encrypted as well. Hmmm.... why would that affect some apps and not others? Key point about my issues: only graphics intensive apps crash on me. My initial thought was that the update mucked with a specific graphics API function, one that only gets called in higher-end games, and their changes caused a memory access fault of some sort (e.g. null pointer).
Yes, my phone is encrypted as well. Hmmm.... why would that affect some apps and not others? Key point about my issues: only graphics intensive apps crash on me. My initial thought was that the update mucked with a specific graphics API function, one that only gets called in higher-end games, and their changes caused a memory access fault of some sort (e.g. null pointer).

48 of 76 (2,263 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2013 1:32:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

My phone is encrypted also.  Seems to be the common thread.

Our company requires encryption, and others here are having the same issues with Chrome and Search.

My phone is encrypted also.  Seems to be the common thread.

Our company requires encryption, and others here are having the same issues with Chrome and Search.

49 of 76 (2,207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2013 4:23:24 PM
(0)
Mentor

I've opened a ticket with HTC, referencing this thread. Hopefully I can get a response from someone tomorrow, and if not I'll call up AT&T directly and have them put an HTC tech support rep on the line.

I've opened a ticket with HTC, referencing this thread. Hopefully I can get a response from someone tomorrow, and if not I'll call up AT&T directly and have them put an HTC tech support rep on the line.

50 of 76 (2,197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2013 4:42:30 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hopefully you'll get somewhere.  AT&T told me it was a "unique problem" with my phone. They referred me to HTC.  

Hopefully you'll get somewhere.  AT&T told me it was a "unique problem" with my phone. They referred me to HTC.  

51 of 76 (2,192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2013 11:32:10 AM
(0)
Mentor

Well, I've been escalated to the HTC Special Projects team... 

As an aside, thorough testing has revealed that the manual USB update doesn't actually have any impact on the issue, positive or negative. So I apologize for spreading misinformation.

Well, I've been escalated to the HTC Special Projects team... 

As an aside, thorough testing has revealed that the manual USB update doesn't actually have any impact on the issue, positive or negative. So I apologize for spreading misinformation.

52 of 76 (2,136 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2013 4:11:30 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks for tracking this down PhoneWizard! I look forward to hearing what you find out...
Thanks for tracking this down PhoneWizard! I look forward to hearing what you find out...

53 of 76 (2,121 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2013 7:55:52 PM
(0)
Contributor
Hello all! I have noticed several things that have changed for the worse since I updated the firmware. First, I have noticed that when I try to open my contacts, I'm able to view two then the rest come up blank and it looks like it's trying to loads but never does. Related to that, the same happens when I try to open my text messages. What fixes the issue temporarily, I force stop either the Android core apps on settings>power>usage or force stop contacts on settings>apps. Second thing is that battery usage has increased dramatically. Before the update, Battery later me roughly about 16 hours and that is with high usage (corporate email, facebook, personal email, mapmyride, music, etc.) Now, it's lasting half that. I've had to disable apps to conserve battery life, plus downloaded an app to help reduce battery usage by Android core apps. Third thing I noticed is that Wi-Fi takes for ever to reconnect. My battery saver app powers of the Wi-Fi when the phone is on stand by, so when I reuse the phone it takes for ever for Wi-Fi to power on then to connect. It didn't do that before either. The last thing I noticed is that apps crash. Again, it never did that before.

This most recent update sucks! If anyone out there knows how to revert back to previous version, with a step by step out would be greatly appreciated! I hope they fix this crap soon!
Hello all! I have noticed several things that have changed for the worse since I updated the firmware. First, I have noticed that when I try to open my contacts, I'm able to view two then the rest come up blank and it looks like it's trying to loads but never does. Related to that, the same happens when I try to open my text messages. What fixes the issue temporarily, I force stop either the Android core apps on settings>power>usage or force stop contacts on settings>apps. Second thing is that battery usage has increased dramatically. Before the update, Battery later me roughly about 16 hours and that is with high usage (corporate email, facebook, personal email, mapmyride, music, etc.) Now, it's lasting half that. I've had to disable apps to conserve battery life, plus downloaded an app to help reduce battery usage by Android core apps. Third thing I noticed is that Wi-Fi takes for ever to reconnect. My battery saver app powers of the Wi-Fi when the phone is on stand by, so when I reuse the phone it takes for ever for Wi-Fi to power on then to connect. It didn't do that before either. The last thing I noticed is that apps crash. Again, it never did that before.

This most recent update sucks! If anyone out there knows how to revert back to previous version, with a step by step out would be greatly appreciated! I hope they fix this crap soon!

54 of 76 (2,107 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2013 11:50:40 AM
(0)
Mentor

Hi nramirezusmc!

This seems like a drastic step, but have you tried factory resetting the device? Technically, we're supposed to be factory resetting the device after firmware updates to our devices (though nobody really does.) 

You'll want to back up photos, videos, contacts, documents, anything you have on your device, and then go to Settings > Backup & reset.

From there, try using your phone for a few days without re-loading all your apps, and see if you notice a difference. Then, re-load your apps and see if the problems resume.

If the problems continue after the reset, try re-updating using the manual USB method.

Hi nramirezusmc!

This seems like a drastic step, but have you tried factory resetting the device? Technically, we're supposed to be factory resetting the device after firmware updates to our devices (though nobody really does.) 

You'll want to back up photos, videos, contacts, documents, anything you have on your device, and then go to Settings > Backup & reset.

From there, try using your phone for a few days without re-loading all your apps, and see if you notice a difference. Then, re-load your apps and see if the problems resume.

If the problems continue after the reset, try re-updating using the manual USB method.

55 of 76 (2,065 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2013 1:35:19 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by ygary on May 6, 2013 at 2:30:44 PM

I posted my issues in another thread. I have a same issue with Google search too.

1. Google Search issue:

D/AudioService( 1275):  AudioFocus  requestAudioFocus() from android.media.AudioManager@41653058com.google.android.speech.audio.AudioController$1@41671a68 com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox, stream type STREAM_SYSTEM
F/libc    (11617): Fatal signal 4 (SIGILL) at 0x568b6664 (code=1), thread 11770 (LocalEngine-1)
I/DEBUG   ( 6182): debuggerd: 2013-05-06 16:24:29
I/DEBUG   ( 6182): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
I/DEBUG   ( 6182): Build fingerprint: 'cingular_us/evitareul/evitareul:4.1.1/JRO03C/161932.1:user/release-keys'
I/DEBUG   ( 6182): pid: 11617, tid: 11770, name: LocalEngine-1  >>> com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox <<<
I/DEBUG   ( 6182): debuggerd: checkTellHTCSettings
I/DEBUG   ( 6182): signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 831a391c

Netflix:

W/ResourceType( 1263): Skipping entry 0x7f04000d in package table 0 because it is not complex!
W/ResourceType( 1263): Skipping entry 0x7f04000b in package table 0 because it is not complex!
D/mode10  ( 1958): FxSurfaceView.surfaceDestroyed, mViewObject:com.htc.fusion.fx.FxViewObject@64583974
F/libc    (11018): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x000100c1 (code=1), thread 11018 (lix.mediaclient)
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): debuggerd: 2013-05-06 14:47:12
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): Build fingerprint: 'cingular_us/evitareul/evitareul:4.1.1/JRO03C/161932.1:user/release-keys'
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): pid: 11018, tid: 11018, name: lix.mediaclient  >>> com.netflix.mediaclient <<<
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): debuggerd: checkTellHTCSettings
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): signal 4 (SIGILL), code 1 (ILL_ILLOPC), fault addr 53e41494
I/DEBUG   ( 2264):     r0 53e41494  r1 53e3e109  r2 53e41495  r3 53e41497
I/DEBUG   ( 2264):     r4 543f19c4  r5 000000bb  r6 00000004  r7 40007010
I/DEBUG   ( 2264):     r8 00000000  r9 4089c238  sl 00000001  fp fffffe4c

WeChat

D/my      ( 1722): myGC1
I/Database(12446): JNI_OnLoad called
I/Database(12446): JNI_OnLoad register methods
D/PowerManagerService( 1263): releaseWakeLock(41f07020): PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK , tag=SCREEN_FROZEN, flags=0x1
F/libc    (12446): Fatal signal 4 (SIGILL) at 0x5442e2c0 (code=1), thread 12446 (com.tencent.mm)
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): debuggerd: 2013-05-06 14:51:43
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): Build fingerprint: 'cingular_us/evitareul/evitareul:4.1.1/JRO03C/161932.1:user/release-keys'
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): pid: 12446, tid: 12446, name: com.tencent.mm  >>> com.tencent.mm <<<
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): signal 4 (SIGILL), code 1 (ILL_ILLOPC), fault addr 5443cfa4

Viber

W/CursorWrapperInner(10639): Cursor finalized without prior close()
F/libc    (10639): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x55334d0b (code=2), thread 10660 (ThreadManager:Smiley Happy
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): debuggerd: 2013-05-06 17:25:10
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): Build fingerprint: 'cingular_us/evitareul/evitareul:4.1.1/JRO03C/161932.1:user/release-keys'
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): pid: 10639, tid: 10660, name: ThreadManager::  >>> com.viber.voip <<<
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): debuggerd: checkTellHTCSettings
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 2 (SEGV_ACCERR), fault addr 53d6d9dc
D/PowerManagerService( 1257): TPE algorithm. remove timeout.
D/PowerManagerService( 1257): ALG=2, lsvalue=320(5th)->640(6th), last_level=6, lValue=125->125, bValue=0, kValue=0, mPowerState=0x3, mSkippedScreenOn=false, mInitialAnimation=false, immediate=false
W/PnPMgr  (  921): Write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq failed (Invalid argument)
W/CpuWake ( 1257): >>nativeReleaseCpuPerfWakeLock()
W/CpuWake ( 1257): <<nativeReleaseCpuPerfWakeLock()
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     r0 553355a7  r1 ffffffff  r2 553355a8  r3 553355a7
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     r4 55777028  r5 00000040  r6 00000004  r7 4ffe4cd0
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     r8 00000000  r9 40891238  sl 00000001  fp 400e190c
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     ip 53d6d8e0  sp 53d6d988  lr 553355c0  pc 53d6d9dc  cpsr 20000010
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     d0  000000000001a000  d1  3ff0000043a00000
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     d2  0000000100000001  d3  000f4240003d0900

Angry Birds

I/DEBUG   ( 8482): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): Build fingerprint: 'cingular_us/evitareul/evitareul:4.1.1/JRO03C/161932.1:user/release-keys'
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): pid: 11189, tid: 11189, name: o.angrybirdsrio  >>> com.rovio.angrybirdsrio <<<
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): signal 4 (SIGILL), code 1 (ILL_ILLOPC), fault addr 539ed408
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     r0 ffffffda  r1 ffffd8f0  r2 539f2f64  r3 539f2f66
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     r4 53c58e8c  r5 00000010  r6 00000004  r7 00002710

I/DEBUG   ( 8482):
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): backtrace:
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     #00  pc 00148408  /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsrio/lib/libAngryBirdsRio.so (gr::gles2::GL_State::GL_State()+36)
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     #01  pc 0014df74  /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsrio/lib/libAngryBirdsRio.so
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): stack:
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):          bee565b8  00000006
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):          bee565bc  53c4d08c  /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsrio/lib/libAngryBirdsRio.so
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):          bee565c0  53c1249c  /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsrio/lib/libAngryBirdsRio.so

Apparently there is a basic issue in JNI or another libc related low level native library in this build.

Anyway to rollback?

Forgot to mention: my phone is encrypted too. I've cleaned the Cache partition.

I posted my issues in another thread. I have a same issue with Google search too.

1. Google Search issue:

D/AudioService( 1275):  AudioFocus  requestAudioFocus() from android.media.AudioManager@41653058com.google.android.speech.audio.AudioController$1@41671a68 com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox, stream type STREAM_SYSTEM
F/libc    (11617): Fatal signal 4 (SIGILL) at 0x568b6664 (code=1), thread 11770 (LocalEngine-1)
I/DEBUG   ( 6182): debuggerd: 2013-05-06 16:24:29
I/DEBUG   ( 6182): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
I/DEBUG   ( 6182): Build fingerprint: 'cingular_us/evitareul/evitareul:4.1.1/JRO03C/161932.1:user/release-keys'
I/DEBUG   ( 6182): pid: 11617, tid: 11770, name: LocalEngine-1  >>> com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox <<<
I/DEBUG   ( 6182): debuggerd: checkTellHTCSettings
I/DEBUG   ( 6182): signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 831a391c

Netflix:

W/ResourceType( 1263): Skipping entry 0x7f04000d in package table 0 because it is not complex!
W/ResourceType( 1263): Skipping entry 0x7f04000b in package table 0 because it is not complex!
D/mode10  ( 1958): FxSurfaceView.surfaceDestroyed, mViewObject:com.htc.fusion.fx.FxViewObject@64583974
F/libc    (11018): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x000100c1 (code=1), thread 11018 (lix.mediaclient)
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): debuggerd: 2013-05-06 14:47:12
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): pid: 11018, tid: 11018, name: lix.mediaclient  >>> com.netflix.mediaclient <<<
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): signal 4 (SIGILL), code 1 (ILL_ILLOPC), fault addr 53e41494
I/DEBUG   ( 2264):     r0 53e41494  r1 53e3e109  r2 53e41495  r3 53e41497
I/DEBUG   ( 2264):     r4 543f19c4  r5 000000bb  r6 00000004  r7 40007010
I/DEBUG   ( 2264):     r8 00000000  r9 4089c238  sl 00000001  fp fffffe4c

WeChat

D/my      ( 1722): myGC1
I/Database(12446): JNI_OnLoad called
I/Database(12446): JNI_OnLoad register methods
D/PowerManagerService( 1263): releaseWakeLock(41f07020): PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK , tag=SCREEN_FROZEN, flags=0x1
F/libc    (12446): Fatal signal 4 (SIGILL) at 0x5442e2c0 (code=1), thread 12446 (com.tencent.mm)
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): debuggerd: 2013-05-06 14:51:43
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): pid: 12446, tid: 12446, name: com.tencent.mm  >>> com.tencent.mm <<<
I/DEBUG   ( 2264): signal 4 (SIGILL), code 1 (ILL_ILLOPC), fault addr 5443cfa4

Viber

W/CursorWrapperInner(10639): Cursor finalized without prior close()
F/libc    (10639): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x55334d0b (code=2), thread 10660 (ThreadManager:Smiley Happy
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): debuggerd: 2013-05-06 17:25:10
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): pid: 10639, tid: 10660, name: ThreadManager::  >>> com.viber.voip <<<
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 2 (SEGV_ACCERR), fault addr 53d6d9dc
D/PowerManagerService( 1257): TPE algorithm. remove timeout.
D/PowerManagerService( 1257): ALG=2, lsvalue=320(5th)->640(6th), last_level=6, lValue=125->125, bValue=0, kValue=0, mPowerState=0x3, mSkippedScreenOn=false, mInitialAnimation=false, immediate=false
W/PnPMgr  (  921): Write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq failed (Invalid argument)
W/CpuWake ( 1257): >>nativeReleaseCpuPerfWakeLock()
W/CpuWake ( 1257): <<nativeReleaseCpuPerfWakeLock()
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     r0 553355a7  r1 ffffffff  r2 553355a8  r3 553355a7
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     r4 55777028  r5 00000040  r6 00000004  r7 4ffe4cd0
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     r8 00000000  r9 40891238  sl 00000001  fp 400e190c
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     ip 53d6d8e0  sp 53d6d988  lr 553355c0  pc 53d6d9dc  cpsr 20000010
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     d0  000000000001a000  d1  3ff0000043a00000
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     d2  0000000100000001  d3  000f4240003d0900

Angry Birds

I/DEBUG   ( 8482): pid: 11189, tid: 11189, name: o.angrybirdsrio  >>> com.rovio.angrybirdsrio <<<
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): signal 4 (SIGILL), code 1 (ILL_ILLOPC), fault addr 539ed408
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     r0 ffffffda  r1 ffffd8f0  r2 539f2f64  r3 539f2f66
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     r4 53c58e8c  r5 00000010  r6 00000004  r7 00002710

I/DEBUG   ( 8482):
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): backtrace:
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     #00  pc 00148408  /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsrio/lib/libAngryBirdsRio.so (gr::gles2::GL_State::GL_State()+36)
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):     #01  pc 0014df74  /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsrio/lib/libAngryBirdsRio.so
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):
I/DEBUG   ( 8482): stack:
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):          bee565b8  00000006
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):          bee565bc  53c4d08c  /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsrio/lib/libAngryBirdsRio.so
I/DEBUG   ( 8482):          bee565c0  53c1249c  /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsrio/lib/libAngryBirdsRio.so

Apparently there is a basic issue in JNI or another libc related low level native library in this build.

Anyway to rollback?

Forgot to mention: my phone is encrypted too. I've cleaned the Cache partition.

[ Edited ]
56 of 76 (1,963 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2013 2:34:13 PM
(0)
Teacher

All above errors have a common message:

Write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq failed (Invalid argument)

grep scaling_min_freq *.log
angry.birds.log:W/PnPMgr  (  921): Write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq failed (Invalid argument)
google_search.log:W/PnPMgr  (  922): Write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq failed (Invalid argument)
netflix.log:W/PnPMgr  (  928): Write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq failed (Invalid argument)
viber.log:W/PnPMgr  (  921): Write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq failed (Invalid argument)
viber.log:W/PnPMgr  (  921): Write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq failed (Invalid argument)
wechat.log:W/PnPMgr  (  928): Write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq failed (Invalid argument)

If somebody wants the log files, I can send them to you.

All above errors have a common message:

Write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq failed (Invalid argument)

grep scaling_min_freq *.log
angry.birds.log:W/PnPMgr  (  921): Write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq failed (Invalid argument)
google_search.log:W/PnPMgr  (  922): Write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq failed (Invalid argument)
netflix.log:W/PnPMgr  (  928): Write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq failed (Invalid argument)
wechat.log:W/PnPMgr  (  928): Write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq failed (Invalid argument)

If somebody wants the log files, I can send them to you.

57 of 76 (1,954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2013 11:57:51 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by PhoneWizard on May 8, 2013 at 12:01:56 PM

ygary, please send all log files to me so I can pass them on to HTC's customer support.

I can say that there is progress on this issue, but I can't give any details due to confidentiality.

ygary, please send all log files to me so I can pass them on to HTC's customer support.

I can say that there is progress on this issue, but I can't give any details due to confidentiality.

[ Edited ]
58 of 76 (1,892 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2013 6:19:38 PM
(0)
Teacher

I just sent you a message.

I just sent you a message.

59 of 76 (1,871 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2013 8:28:08 AM
(0)
Voyager

thanks @PhoneWizard.... that was the same reason i havent tried USB method. didnt want to loose all data and apps and have the issues that are mentioned in the thread here. now waiting for 4.2.2 updates with sense 5 hopefullySmiley Happy. hope the current crop of issues speed up the update process for us, fingers crossed Smiley Happy

thanks @PhoneWizard.... that was the same reason i havent tried USB method. didnt want to loose all data and apps and have the issues that are mentioned in the thread here. now waiting for 4.2.2 updates with sense 5 hopefullySmiley Happy. hope the current crop of issues speed up the update process for us, fingers crossed Smiley Happy

60 of 76 (1,833 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments