Helpful Links

HTC One X + update

Teacher

HTC One X + update

I woke up earlier to an AT&T message saying your phone is ready for a new software update. So I downloaded it, an nothing has changed or happen. What's this about, was it jus a fake, or will I see something diff later?
Message 1 of 76
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: HTC One X + update

I unfortunately don't have a lot of information (and it's all somewhere around fifth- or sixth-hand and multiple months out of date,) but I'm fairly confident that, if the AT&T One X+ devices get the firmware update, the patch will be included.

HTC releasing the update for the One X+, though, doesn't mean it will be immediately released for the AT&T One X+. I am worried that, by the time that firmware OTA update is released, the One X+ will have been too long end-of-lifed by AT&T for us to receive that update.

I am hoping that AT&T understands why this is such a problem... people who have their phone encrypted are generally corporate users, so a person who is suddenly having issues with WebEx and Chrome after setting up corporate email might not feel good about buying an AT&T / HTC device for their next device... not having corporate email access is generally not an option for such users!

(Oh, and a brief update on my earlier warranty-voiding endeavors -- I was able to use a mainver fix, but now I need a good copy of the 1.15 ROM to get onto the phone. The one I have seems to be a corrupted .zip. How irritating.)

Message 76 of 76
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support