HTC One X + update

Teacher

HTC One X + update

I woke up earlier to an AT&T message saying your phone is ready for a new software update. So I downloaded it, an nothing has changed or happen. What's this about, was it jus a fake, or will I see something diff later?
Message 1 of 76 (9,157 Views)
Community Support

Re: HTC One X + update

Good Day George,

We received your message. A manager is going to be in touch with you shortly. Thank you for your patience and most of all thank you for being our customer. ^Leslie

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 31 of 76 (2,851 Views)
Tutor

I have the same problems as the others.  Stock phone, Chrome and Google Search will not run after OTA update.

I'm a mobile software developer, I have the crash logs if they're helpful.

com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox

signal 4 (SIGILL), code 1 (ILL_ILLOPC), fault addr 56671324

com.android.chrome

signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 000000c3

Message 32 of 76 (2,844 Views)
Tutor

what is Isis?
Message 33 of 76 (2,805 Views)
Teacher

I wasn't having any problems, but now Wi-Fi won't work. I guess the update was nothing special. Yes, "Jamileh" is correct, software is as had described. Along with what "Spunky711" I have noticed a lot better battery consumption.
Message 34 of 76 (2,792 Views)

I'm having browser issues since the download. Certain sites I could use before, close the browser. Biggest offender? Att.com, kicks me out of the browser every time I try to log on to check my account info. Some pages are a full screen but only showing half the info without being able to zoom in or out. Frustrating !
Message 35 of 76 (2,788 Views)
Mentor

It's been five days since that update. It's confirmed that there are many phones that have had problems resulting from this update.

AT&T, do you guys have an ETA of when another update will be pushed out to correct these problems? 

subs2, here is a link explaining Isis.

Message 36 of 76 (2,744 Views)
Voyager

Hi,

i have a ATT one X+, bought at no contract price, and is on ATT pay as you go service. my phone doesnt  see any aupdates at all. I tried to reboot the phone several times, checked for updates manually, tried *#*#2432546#*#*, but phone never shows any updates. can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Message 37 of 76 (2,617 Views)
Voyager

Hi,

i have a ATT one X+, bought at no contract price, and is on ATT pay as you go service. my phone doesnt see any aupdates at all. I tried to reboot the phone several times, checked for updates manually, tried *#*#2432546#*#*, but phone never shows any updates. can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.
Message 38 of 76 (2,615 Views)
Contributor

When can we expect a resolution or an ETA for an update?

Google Search which is critical is broken and except the native browser everything else (Chrome,Firefox, Opera and Dolphon browser) is broken

This has happened after the ATT update 2 weeks back

Message 39 of 76 (2,537 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

bhavik_ht, have you tried updating via USB? http://www.htc.com/us/support/news.aspx?p_id=529&p_name=htc-one-x-plus-att

Please note that this WILL delete all your data. Back up all your data before proceeding.

EDIT: The USB update is supposed to not have the same app crashing problems as the OTA update, or so I've heard -- I can't personally verify this information, so take it as you will.

Message 40 of 76 (2,526 Views)
Tutor

jamileh,

I updated my HTC One X+ to the latest software a few days ago.  I've verified that my version numbers match what you listed in your previous post.

Unfortunately, several applications on my phone no longer work.  The common factor among all of them -- they're graphics intensive (mostly games).

All of these apps/games worked fine just prior to the update.

What should I do?

Message 41 of 76 (2,509 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

krisn8 wrote:

jamileh,

I updated my HTC One X+ to the latest software a few days ago.  I've verified that my version numbers match what you listed in your previous post.

Unfortunately, several applications on my phone no longer work.  The common factor among all of them -- they're graphics intensive (mostly games).

All of these apps/games worked fine just prior to the update.

What should I do?

The latest update did a software upgrade, from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean. It is possible that many applications that ran on ICS will not run on JB. Many developers are behind in regards to their applications running on JB due to the fact JB has been on such few devices until now and they have not been developing and testing on that platform. This many not be the case for all the apps that quit working for you, but very possible for many. By run, I mean run without issues. In some cases it may introduce new bugs not had before.

Message 42 of 76 (2,477 Views)
Tutor

But this is in regards to the HTC One X+ ... it came with Jelly Bean pre-installed, right out of the box.
Message 43 of 76 (2,393 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

krisn8 wrote:
But this is in regards to the HTC One X+ ... it came with Jelly Bean pre-installed, right out of the box.

Ahh, got it. My wife has the One X, which just got the update mentioned. Looks like the One X+ just received some supposed improvements and enhancements. As typical of HTC, most likely another buggy update. It is the reason I personally abandoned device from manufacturers that place their own overlay on Android. My wife is ok with the One X, but I don't like it. I previously had an HTC Inspire and had to root and install a custom rom just to shake all the bugs. I have found from prior experiences, it is best to backup data and manually install a fresh update downloaded from the HTC site as opposed to applying the update as an overlay. The downside is a loss of data and there is no guarantee that there won't still be bugs. The Inspire had a messaging bug that I don't think HTC ever corrected.

Message 44 of 76 (2,378 Views)
Mentor

krisn8, is your phone encrypted? (Settings > Storage > look for checkmark next to Storage Encryption) I'm just curious because I'm trying to narrow down the cause of this issue.

You might be able to re-update using the manual USB method, but it will factory reset your device so don't do it until you've thoroughly backed up all your data.

Message 45 of 76 (2,343 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.