The Samsung Galaxy S24
jdavis88's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Sunday, April 14th, 2013 1:43 AM

HTC One X + update

I woke up earlier to an AT&T message saying your phone is ready for a new software update. So I downloaded it, an nothing has changed or happen. What's this about, was it jus a fake, or will I see something diff later?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I received the prompt, but have been unable to install it after deferring the update when I was prompted while away from wi-fi. Now when I reboot I get a software update prompt, but no button to start the update. Also, when I use the update option from the device menu it does nothing. Any help?

Scholar

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

I did the update Saturday (4-13) afternoon, Went off without a hitch.  Phone working flawlessly.  The bluetooth call quality is now perfect, Was overmodulated/distorted before and was almost unusable in my car.  Battery life seems to be better; charged phone and went to bed with 100%, got up this morning at 99%.  There is a new feature in the Power menu, you can now track apps that consume excessive power.  Phone still gets fairly warm when using Flash or other CPU intensive apps, This seems the norm for our model though.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

@wyoung888 wrote:
I received the prompt, but have been unable to install it after deferring the update when I was prompted while away from wi-fi. Now when I reboot I get a software update prompt, but no button to start the update. Also, when I use the update option from the device menu it does nothing. Any help?

I'm sorry you're not able to get the update. Has your phone's software been modified in any way?

You're welcome to send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

No modifications, my phone is stock.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

11 years ago

Hi,

I'd recommend not trying to get the latest One X+ update at this time. Many users have reported things like Chrome and Google Search crashing upon startup, the Starbucks app doesn't work any more, certain other apps no longer function correctly. It's incredibly inconvenient.

For those people who have updated: as geo2geo has said, uninstalling the updates from Google Search will correct Search and Now functionality. I haven't come across a Chrome fix yet. Other apps seem to work after uninstalling and re-installing them, but it's hit and miss.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

LOL.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

My software hasn't been modified in any way, my phone's completely stock.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

@PhoneWizard wrote:

Hi,

I'd recommend not trying to get the latest One X+ update at this time. Many users have reported things like Chrome and Google Search crashing upon startup, the Starbucks app doesn't work any more, certain other apps no longer function correctly. It's incredibly inconvenient.

For those people who have updated: as geo2geo has said, uninstalling the updates from Google Search will correct Search and Now functionality. I haven't come across a Chrome fix yet. Other apps seem to work after uninstalling and re-installing them, but it's hit and miss.

How does one go about uninstalling updates from Google Search?  My phone is just complete trash without Google Search features at this point after this AT&T firmware update.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

@ouscotty wrote:

@PhoneWizard wrote:

Hi,

How does one go about uninstalling updates from Google Search?  My phone is just complete trash without Google Search features at this point after this AT&T firmware update.  

Click on Settings/Apps and select "All."  Then, select Google Search and click on "Uninstall Updates."  

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Good Day George,

We received your message. A manager is going to be in touch with you shortly. Thank you for your patience and most of all thank you for being our customer. ^Leslie

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.