HTC One X software update corrupted...

Tutor

HTC One X software update corrupted...

I received the update notification for my HTC One X yesterday 3/08. Went through the long download process and shortly after the installation process I received an error message, "Unable to install update. Software file update is corrupted." Then it asked if I wanted to download the update again. So I repeated the process again just to get the same result...Sigh.

After the second attempt I tried one more time but this time I got the "No update available. Check again in 23hr." So I tried again in 24 hrs to get the same thing, "No update available."

Anyone else having this issue?

[Inappropriate content removed]

Message 1 of 7
Scholar

Re: HTC One X software update corrupted...

Karlytoze wrote:

I received the update notification for my HTC One X yesterday 3/08. Went through the long download process and shortly after the installation process I received an error message, "Unable to install update. Software file update is corrupted." Then it asked if I wanted to download the update again. So I repeated the process again just to get the same result...Sigh.

After the second attempt I tried one more time but this time I got the "No update available. Check again in 23hr." So I tried again in 24 hrs to get the same thing, "No update available."

Anyone else having this issue?

[Inappropriate content removed]

Have you tried a factory reset on the HOX? I know this seems extreme but it seems to be fixing many issues with the JB OTA update. I personally do a factory reset both before and after an update like this.

Message 2 of 7
Tutor

If users are required to do a factory reset fit an OTA update, that's a very poorly designed and tested deployment process.
Message 3 of 7
Professor

subs2 wrote:
If users are required to do a factory reset fit an OTA update, that's a very poorly designed and tested deployment process.

Its not "required".  But the OP is experiencing a very random bug, and the subsequent post just proposed it as a possible solution. 

Also, if you experience random bugs after an OTA, a factory reset may resolve them.  Its not required, simply a much cleaner install, eliminating the potential for existing data to cause problems.

Message 4 of 7
Tutor

I got the notice of the update, it may or may not have worked,I have no reply/word from AT&T on what this update is even supposed to be/do... As a customer, that doesn't addup to a very good customer experience for me.
Message 5 of 7
Tutor

Well, I gave up after a few more fail attempts on the update. About a week or two I got the update notification again. Thought I give it a try again. Sure enough it updated with out an issue and I now have Jellybean. My guess you don't really need a factory reset.
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Community Support

Hi subs2, we received your private message and replied. We look forward to assisting you.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support