The Samsung Galaxy S24
Karlytoze's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, March 10th, 2013 3:52 AM

HTC One X software update corrupted...

I received the update notification for my HTC One X yesterday 3/08. Went through the long download process and shortly after the installation process I received an error message, "Unable to install update. Software file update is corrupted." Then it asked if I wanted to download the update again. So I repeated the process again just to get the same result...Sigh.

After the second attempt I tried one more time but this time I got the "No update available. Check again in 23hr." So I tried again in 24 hrs to get the same thing, "No update available."

Anyone else having this issue?

[Inappropriate content removed]

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

@Karlytoze wrote:

I received the update notification for my HTC One X yesterday 3/08. Went through the long download process and shortly after the installation process I received an error message, "Unable to install update. Software file update is corrupted." Then it asked if I wanted to download the update again. So I repeated the process again just to get the same result...Sigh.

After the second attempt I tried one more time but this time I got the "No update available. Check again in 23hr." So I tried again in 24 hrs to get the same thing, "No update available."

Anyone else having this issue?

[Inappropriate content removed]

Have you tried a factory reset on the HOX? I know this seems extreme but it seems to be fixing many issues with the JB OTA update. I personally do a factory reset both before and after an update like this.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

If users are required to do a factory reset fit an OTA update, that's a very poorly designed and tested deployment process.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@subs2 wrote:
If users are required to do a factory reset fit an OTA update, that's a very poorly designed and tested deployment process.

Its not "required".  But the OP is experiencing a very random bug, and the subsequent post just proposed it as a possible solution. 

Also, if you experience random bugs after an OTA, a factory reset may resolve them.  Its not required, simply a much cleaner install, eliminating the potential for existing data to cause problems.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I got the notice of the update, it may or may not have worked,I have no reply/word from AT&T on what this update is even supposed to be/do... As a customer, that doesn't addup to a very good customer experience for me.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Well, I gave up after a few more fail attempts on the update. About a week or two I got the update notification again. Thought I give it a try again. Sure enough it updated with out an issue and I now have Jellybean. My guess you don't really need a factory reset.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi subs2, we received your private message and replied. We look forward to assisting you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.