Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 9, 2013
7:52:26 PM
HTC One X software update corrupted...
Edited by Phil-101 on Mar 9, 2013 at 8:00:51 PM

I received the update notification for my HTC One X yesterday 3/08. Went through the long download process and shortly after the installation process I received an error message, "Unable to install update. Software file update is corrupted." Then it asked if I wanted to download the update again. So I repeated the process again just to get the same result...Sigh.

After the second attempt I tried one more time but this time I got the "No update available. Check again in 23hr." So I tried again in 24 hrs to get the same thing, "No update available."

Anyone else having this issue?

[Inappropriate content removed]

I received the update notification for my HTC One X yesterday 3/08. Went through the long download process and shortly after the installation process I received an error message, "Unable to install update. Software file update is corrupted." Then it asked if I wanted to download the update again. So I repeated the process again just to get the same result...Sigh.

After the second attempt I tried one more time but this time I got the "No update available. Check again in 23hr." So I tried again in 24 hrs to get the same thing, "No update available."

HTC One X software update corrupted...

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2013 8:16:28 PM
(0)
Scholar

Karlytoze wrote:

Have you tried a factory reset on the HOX? I know this seems extreme but it seems to be fixing many issues with the JB OTA update. I personally do a factory reset both before and after an update like this.

Karlytoze wrote:

Have you tried a factory reset on the HOX? I know this seems extreme but it seems to be fixing many issues with the JB OTA update. I personally do a factory reset both before and after an update like this.

Re: HTC One X software update corrupted...

2 of 7 (5,822 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2013 7:55:00 PM
(0)
Tutor
If users are required to do a factory reset fit an OTA update, that's a very poorly designed and tested deployment process.
If users are required to do a factory reset fit an OTA update, that's a very poorly designed and tested deployment process.

3 of 7 (5,448 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2013 6:42:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

subs2 wrote:

Its not "required".  But the OP is experiencing a very random bug, and the subsequent post just proposed it as a possible solution. 

Also, if you experience random bugs after an OTA, a factory reset may resolve them.  Its not required, simply a much cleaner install, eliminating the potential for existing data to cause problems.

subs2 wrote:

Its not "required".  But the OP is experiencing a very random bug, and the subsequent post just proposed it as a possible solution. 

Also, if you experience random bugs after an OTA, a factory reset may resolve them.  Its not required, simply a much cleaner install, eliminating the potential for existing data to cause problems.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (5,371 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 6:19:01 PM
(0)
Tutor
I got the notice of the update, it may or may not have worked,I have no reply/word from AT&T on what this update is even supposed to be/do... As a customer, that doesn't addup to a very good customer experience for me.
I got the notice of the update, it may or may not have worked,I have no reply/word from AT&T on what this update is even supposed to be/do... As a customer, that doesn't addup to a very good customer experience for me.

5 of 7 (5,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2013 1:39:09 AM
(0)
Tutor
Well, I gave up after a few more fail attempts on the update. About a week or two I got the update notification again. Thought I give it a try again. Sure enough it updated with out an issue and I now have Jellybean. My guess you don't really need a factory reset.
Well, I gave up after a few more fail attempts on the update. About a week or two I got the update notification again. Thought I give it a try again. Sure enough it updated with out an issue and I now have Jellybean. My guess you don't really need a factory reset.

6 of 7 (5,250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2013 5:28:09 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi subs2, we received your private message and replied. We look forward to assisting you.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi subs2, we received your private message and replied. We look forward to assisting you.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

7 of 7 (5,236 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments