The Samsung Galaxy S24
horsegalkt888's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, February 8th, 2013 12:46 AM

HTC One X recieving texts late

so basically i just got the HTC One X last week and i have been having a problem with my texts. i will recieve them about an hour after they were sent, sometimes its only 30 min later or it can be more than an hour later. i looked this problem up online and ive seen that many other people r having the same problem. Some said that they downloaded the Ghostly SMS and it worked and i downloaded it and it worked for a few days but i just started having the issue again today. it is really annoying. i can toggle airplane mode and it seems to push them through but that is not fixing the whole problem. i am on the Android version 4.0.4 and i have no idea if an update will fix it or what. if anybody knows how to fix this PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!! i HATE getting my texts late. it drives me nuts!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

You are not alone with this problem. I have the the exact same issue with my one x. Not sure i think it is 4glte fault. It has messed with my life, my kids life, and affected my girlfriend as well. Not sure I can stand much more. Its obviousley a problem

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I believe it's because when the phone hibernates it stops the lte conection to save battery. It happens to me every morning when I wake up.

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

To my knowledge, The texts are not transmitted over the LTE layer, It is only used for packet data. The SMS and voice functions are still carried by the 4G/3G/2G layer of the network. There is another thread about this issue here. My guess would be that there is somthing not configured correctly on your device. Is it using stock firmware? You can read more about the LTE 4G fallback schema here.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

This happens to me all the time, Im on my second phone now. The original phone would take up tp 2 hrs to receive my texts, the new is usually only 30 mins late and its random. Ive also missed phone calls on more than one occasion with at least 3 bars showing on LTE network. Whats really sad is since I got a replacement phone on the 1 yr warranty, they give me a 90 day warranty on the new phone. I still have the same issue, its been over 90 days and I cant get help even though it well under a year since the original phone.

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

@JamesBur wrote:
This happens to me all the time, Im on my second phone now. The original phone would take up tp 2 hrs to receive my texts, the new is usually only 30 mins late and its random. Ive also missed phone calls on more than one occasion with at least 3 bars showing on LTE network. Whats really sad is since I got a replacement phone on the 1 yr warranty, they give me a 90 day warranty on the new phone. I still have the same issue, its been over 90 days and I cant get help even though it well under a year since the original phone.

When you send or receive a text message or initiate or receive a phone call the One X will automatically fall back into 4G mode for these actions. How do you know that the texts are being received late. As I posted above, the LTE and the 4G networks are separate, text and voice traverse 4G and LTE is packet data only.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

My texts will have the time stamps from the original time they were send when I finally receive them. After some time, the times actaully change to the current time it was received. I also know because people have waited for my responses then I get a text 2 hrs later. Ive read and noticed that putting the phone into airplane mode and turing that off will allow my texts to be received. Its a joke, this is the only phone Ive ever had any problems with out of every cell phone Ive ever owned since 2001.

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

@JamesBur wrote:

My texts will have the time stamps from the original time they were send when I finally receive them. After some time, the times actaully change to the current time it was received. I also know because people have waited for my responses then I get a text 2 hrs later. Ive read and noticed that putting the phone into airplane mode and turing that off will allow my texts to be received. Its a joke, this is the only phone Ive ever had any problems with out of every cell phone Ive ever owned since 2001.

This seems more like a network issue than a device issue. SMS messages should only queue for delivery if the device is not available to the network (ie. powered off, mobile network turned off or in Airplane Mode) otherwise by default the mobile network should be connected and deliver the SMS. Has anyone at AT&T support verified your mobile network settings? The other question is if this happens in the same geographical locations or while the device is connected to common cellular towers?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Hey there! I've had this exact same issue for months on my HTC One X and I can't tell how much grief it's caused me.

I don't know what causes the behaivor, but I can tell you it's inconsistent for me. I'll receive texts normally for a given amount of time and then I'll stop receiving any.

I have found that turning WI-FI off and then back on somehow seems to cause my phone to receive all of the messages that were missing. I'm not sure it's a reliabe fix, but it's worked for me in the past.

Really frustrating issue.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Ive called when the new phone started to do it again and they had try a few things and it stopped for a while, but now its been showing its head again. It usually does it in my living room, even thought Im on 3 bars. Its never consistant, and never happened with my Iphones. I keep everyhting turned on, on my phone but it still doesnt help inside.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I emailed htc about it and they said try to clear the cache and that actually worked for a week r 2 and then I tried uploading a video to Facebook and it totally fuked it up again. And I had to clear the cache. I went into at and t before I emailed htc and they said they never heard of the problem and stuff and that's when I almost flipped on them. I think the jellybean update will fix it but who knows when that will come out
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.