HTC One X recieving texts late

HTC One X recieving texts late

so basically i just got the HTC One X last week and i have been having a problem with my texts. i will recieve them about an hour after they were sent, sometimes its only 30 min later or it can be more than an hour later. i looked this problem up online and ive seen that many other people r having the same problem. Some said that they downloaded the Ghostly SMS and it worked and i downloaded it and it worked for a few days but i just started having the issue again today. it is really annoying. i can toggle airplane mode and it seems to push them through but that is not fixing the whole problem. i am on the Android version 4.0.4 and i have no idea if an update will fix it or what. if anybody knows how to fix this PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!! i HATE getting my texts late. it drives me nuts!!!

Message 1 of 21 (7,714 Views)
Tutor

Re: HTC One X receiving texts late

I'm not sure how long it will last, but my wife wasn't getting calls or texts and like many of you, after a reboot they would all appear.  I noticed that her phone was set to something like "quick boot."  I can't remember exactly what it was called.  It said that it may interfere with certain apps.  I unchecked it, rebooted the phone, and for the last 48 hours or so, her phone has worked like a gem.  She's getting all of her texts and her calls now.  Like I said, I'm not sure if it'll last, but I've got my fingers crossed because it's the best the phone has worked since we got it 3 weeks ago.

Message 16 of 21 (7,254 Views)

where was it set to quick boot? like what u go under to uncheck it?
Message 17 of 21 (7,207 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

It's in Settings, Power, Fast Boot. Uncheck and re-start. Fast boot was/is a huge issue for ICS and AFIK it's been removed from Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.

Message 18 of 21 (7,200 Views)

ive had that unchecked for a while. and the recieving texts late still happens and happened twice today and im about done with it...
Message 19 of 21 (7,175 Views)
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: HTC One X recieving texts late

I've been having this problem for a long time and turning wifi off usually makes it less bad for me. It still happens occasionally, but a lot less with wifi off (I have no idea why though)

Message 20 of 21 (7,166 Views)
Tutor

Re: HTC One X recieving texts late

I've had same issue for awhile now...had it with HTC Inspire too. Texts come in 1-8 hrs late and calls stop. Att came me new SIM and HTC sent instructions on clearing cache partition and reboot phone. Will improve for awhile then start happening again. I'll turn phone on and off, turn on off airplane mode and text myself to try to get it to work. Love the phone other than this issue which is going to make me leave htc
Message 21 of 21 (7,075 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support