For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Monallama's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, January 25th, 2013 7:31 AM

HTC One X problems: AT&T and HTC keep pointing fingers!

I've had my HTC One X for only a few months. I started having problems with my first One X about two months in to the contract, so it was too late to return it.
My phone delays incoming messages, and locks up to where I can't receive phone calls. This happens atleast once every day for a few hours. It only unlocks if I make a phone call or send a text. I feel as though I have to make pointless phone calls and send pointless texts just to get my phone to wake up.
I thought it was an issue with the phone, so they perform two resets on my phone. When it didn't work, AT&T then sent me a refurbished one and I had to return my brand new one.
So the new one ends up working for a week, then has the same issue. I call AT&T, they tell me to call HTC's technical support, so I do.
The fellow tells me he's never heard this complaint, and says hes almost positive its a faulty sim card, and have to call AT&T to order another. So I order another, and a day after putting it in the phone and activating it, the same old thing happens.

At this point I'm extremely frustrated. I don't know what to do, or why according to both AT&T and HTC, I'm the only one having this problem. It's too late to return the phone, and I don't feel that after paying so much (bought before it was free), they don't want to try to go a bit further to figure the issue out instead of making me call each company endlessly. I don't care if the internet, apps, or music don't work since that's not what a phone is for. I just want to atleast get calls ans texts. Do you guys have any recommendations on how to go about this problem or have any of you had the same issue?

TL;DR: Two phones and two sim cards later, phone still doesn't receive calls and delays receiving texts randomly. HTC and AT&T keep blaming another for the problem. Help would be lovely.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

It's with regret to HTC One X users that I have to report that, I actually ended up getting rid of the phone.

I recieved my third refurbished device, and not even a full 24 hours after having it, it began to have the same exact issue. I hadn't even mailed out the previous one, so I had two defective devices.

My solution?

I went to the AT&T store that I bought the phone at. I had an upgrade on another line, but I thought it was unfair to have to pay for another device after having recieved 3 defective ones. So, what the gentleman did is offer to take it in on trade.

What he did was appraise my phone to see how much the phone was worth. The device I traded in was the refurbished HTC One X that I had recieved in replacement for the previous refurbished one I had. He valued it at $145.

This left me with $145 dollars to choose another phone. I chose the Nokia Lumia 920, and since it was priced at $99, I ended up with some money in my pocket.

I know it's not the best solution since not everyone may have an upgrade, but it was a helpful solution and I did not have to pay anything out of pocket. If you have an upgrade, or someone else on your plan has an upgrade, I recommend taking it to the store and trading it in for a new device. My new phone has been working perfectly with no issues. The gentleman in the store said that the HTC One X did have some hardware flaws, so that may have been why I was experiencing so many problems.

I hope that was of some help. If you see issues with your phone, please contact AT&T asap and let them know the problem, and fight for a solution! I was extremely fortunate to be able to cross upgrade.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I have been a customer of ATT for 10 - 15 years.  I started with a Samsung phone, phone calls were not being recieved, and I started the process of changing the SIM, then changing the phone to an HTC one, experienced the same problems.  It was then too late to return the phone.  I am angry that ATT continues to sell the product when there is a known issue.  I wrote to ATT stockholder services, warning of stock depreciation once this issue becomes new worthy.  Of course, they just referred me to customer service.  I have always received excellent customer service from ATT, but this is unacceptable.  I am not imagining my problems and neither are the other people writing in here.  I refuse to go throught the process of returning my phone just to have the same problem as the others on this forum.  I switched back to my old Iphone I had before the upgrade and of course I don't have the problem anymore.  So now my HTC phone sits here, not being used.  This is not fair ATT.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi dandaa,

We received your private message with your contact information and one of our managers will be in touch.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

Same issues and tried fixes. My texts are still late, missed calls that I don't know are coming, missed so many important things, and att has no fix, and no care it seems. I call and they do the same troubleshooting over and over, knowing this is a problem with all the HTC one x phones. It's all over HTC. Along with the sim card missing issue that can be fixed with tape so, at least one issue solved. Hope to have a working phone soon since I pay a fairly decent amount monthly to this company and left a company of ten years for you.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Just checked in here and seen this post.

I too have had the same problem with my HTC (Vivid) not getting emails and as you put it wake up the phone. After many minutes OF WASTED time with so called tech help, I have given up and waiting for the contract to end and xtart checking ALL MY OPTIONS! They wanted my to put out 200 bucks for another refurbished phone to see if that solves my problem. I have not called back because to me that is a run around not a fix of the problem.

Hope you have gotten your problem resolved, I won't because I can't stand the run around and people that don't understand thier job with out a manual on how to turn it on!

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

No fix and they wanted me to early upgrade for a price. I refused. I'm hoping HTC will listen and find a fix. It's very ridiculous. I refuse to factory reset anymore. I'll change sim and have them reset network, but that's still not fixing my missed calls and texts. It causes a lot of issues.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Been lurking here for answers forever but never post. Now...after having yet more problems w my one x+,I cannot stay quiet. After being an iPhone lover, I switched to HTC some years back w the inspire and NEBER had one problem. I was so excited when this FLAGSHIP new one came. Now I am so disgusted that I am thinking of breaking contract after years w ATT. After two returns of this phone in one week, 3 different SIMs and a trip to some shady looking dude that kept my Fone three days but somehow managed to get it working...sighs...last nite it just went blank outta blue...when I got it to finally come back on,an hour later,it was in freakn safe mode. And no I had not been downloading anything ect. So I went ahead and factory reset in a panic. Took all day to kinda get it alright. Now it will not connect to my home WiFi which I have never had a problem with. I am literally so upset that I am contemplating a 10 smart prepaid...these smart fones r getting dumber by the day...I love my smart fones and always have but Samsung and HTC r in such competition that they r popping them out too fast. No quality in quantity...my rant...thanx for listening...

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I too have been having these and other problems!  I paid alot of money for what was being called a superphone and I feel like I've been duped.  At first the phone worked great, I picked it over the GSIII and was happy with my decision.  Then, I started having the sim card issue, I fixed it by putting 2 pieces of scotch tape on the back of it to make it contact better and it worked.  All the while I was having the problem of people calling and it going straight to voicemail, I figured it was just a fluke.  Then I got the Jellybean update and that's when everything really started getting screwy!  The keyboard got super glitchy where everytime I tried to type the feedback would get goofy, it would pause or the keyboard would disappear or when i would try to type on the bottom row of letters it would hit the space bar.  I litterally could not type a message without having to stop and back up over and over to the point that I just wanted to throw the phone.  If you tried to recalibrate the keyboard it would screw up the on screen keyboard where it woulb be bunched up and missing letters, then I would have to go in and reset the calibration and then restart the phone.  Finally I downloaded the Android keyboard and it helps but i still have some problems with the bottom row sensitivity.  Of course i have the standard wifi issues and the weird battery issues.  I contacted HTC about it and they ran me through some of the standard stuff and then one of the techs basically said "sorry" and closed my ticket.  I blew up and sent an email to Peter Chou's email address and filled out my survey with one star and complained in the comments.  That prompted a call from HTC's customer service but got me the same response.  The told me to send my phone in and in 7-10 days they would send it back.  So here I am, with a phone that I feel like I got suckered into, angry at AT&T and HTC for the next year till I can upgrade again.  Oh, wait, AT&T just changed their upgrade cycle to 24 month from 20 months.  I guess I'm stuck with it for a year and 4 months...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.