The Samsung Galaxy S24
Monallama's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, January 25th, 2013 7:31 AM

HTC One X problems: AT&T and HTC keep pointing fingers!

I've had my HTC One X for only a few months. I started having problems with my first One X about two months in to the contract, so it was too late to return it.
My phone delays incoming messages, and locks up to where I can't receive phone calls. This happens atleast once every day for a few hours. It only unlocks if I make a phone call or send a text. I feel as though I have to make pointless phone calls and send pointless texts just to get my phone to wake up.
I thought it was an issue with the phone, so they perform two resets on my phone. When it didn't work, AT&T then sent me a refurbished one and I had to return my brand new one.
So the new one ends up working for a week, then has the same issue. I call AT&T, they tell me to call HTC's technical support, so I do.
The fellow tells me he's never heard this complaint, and says hes almost positive its a faulty sim card, and have to call AT&T to order another. So I order another, and a day after putting it in the phone and activating it, the same old thing happens.

At this point I'm extremely frustrated. I don't know what to do, or why according to both AT&T and HTC, I'm the only one having this problem. It's too late to return the phone, and I don't feel that after paying so much (bought before it was free), they don't want to try to go a bit further to figure the issue out instead of making me call each company endlessly. I don't care if the internet, apps, or music don't work since that's not what a phone is for. I just want to atleast get calls ans texts. Do you guys have any recommendations on how to go about this problem or have any of you had the same issue?

TL;DR: Two phones and two sim cards later, phone still doesn't receive calls and delays receiving texts randomly. HTC and AT&T keep blaming another for the problem. Help would be lovely.

Employee

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I'm having the same exact issues along with my phone shutting down as if it's out of power -(even though it's been charged all night and the same texts coming out 2 or 3 times.) I thought I was just me it was happening to.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I just got my new device in the mail yesterday. That makes one new One X, and two refurbished that i've gone through. So far so good, but I cant get my hopes up yet since It takes more than overnight to see if It works. I have noticed the battery is a little sensitive, but I don't mind charging my phone in the car or overnight. I will keep you updated and will let you know how it goes.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Since you're an employee, what would you recommend me doing if this phone also happens to fail as well? I'm obviously going to want a new model if three of these end up working, but I don't see that it's very fair having to pay for a whole new phone when they're the ones supplying me with faulty devices.

Should I call, go in store, and what should I tell or ask the employees?

For some reason, every single time I call, they say they've never heard of my problem, even though it's fairly common...

Employee

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

My own personal advice, should you have any more trouble (hopefully not), is to make a visit to one of the stores and let them know you're having more trouble. It seems to be a huge help if they can take a look at the phone and read thru the history and talk with you about your experience.

I chatted online with an agent after I posted and we went thru all the diagnostic testing and everything checked out fine. My next step is to go into the store and pick up a new SIM card and see if that helps fix the issue. (Even though I work for AT&T we still have to go through all the testing steps and channels for troubleshooting.)  I have also asked my family and friends to leave a message if they by chance happen to go straight  to voicemail so that I can have it documented.

Hope that helps!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Well, unfortunatley I have gone through every single step that they have to offer. New sim, every reset, new device... I've only had the replacement device for 24 hours and it's already having the same issues. The only option I have left is doing an early upgrade. I'm extremely angry and I will not be doing service with AT&T in the future. 

There is no reason for me to have to buy a new phone all together just because they keep providing me with faulty devices. They have given no compensation at all toward my issue. I understand that I signed a contract, but i'm pretty sure that somewhere in the fine print, it says they were supposed to supply me with a functioning phone.

Thank you for your help.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Not to be a wet blanket, but the contract is just for voice service.  AT&T doesn't have to provide a device at all, and they don't in many cases (as in my third line).  The manufacturer has set up a warranty on your device, and they have a duty to make you whole.  AT&T can and will be the middle man in some cases, but they are not the ones that actually guarantee your device.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Monallama wrote:

Well, unfortunatley I have gone through every single step that they have to offer. New sim, every reset, new device... I've only had the replacement device for 24 hours and it's already having the same issues. The only option I have left is doing an early upgrade. I'm extremely angry and I will not be doing service with AT&T in the future. 

There is no reason for me to have to buy a new phone all together just because they keep providing me with faulty devices. They have given no compensation at all toward my issue. I understand that I signed a contract, but i'm pretty sure that somewhere in the fine print, it says they were supposed to supply me with a functioning phone.

Thank you for your help.

I'm so sorry you continue to have issues with this phone. 

I know you've been through a lot but I'd like to see if there is any other resolutions we haven't looked in to. Will you  please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you? Please reference this thread (copy/paste the link) in your PM so they have all the info to help. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

11 years ago

AT&Ts name is on the front of my phone. AT&Ts name is on it when I boot up. AT&Ts software is all over it. As far as I am concerned, this is an AT&T phone, manufactured by a company called HTC. I can only use it on the AT&T network, until my contract expires. It would be the same as buying a TV at Best Buy, that had Best Buy on the front, said Best Buy when you turned it on, had video streaming software call Best Buy Video or something, and you had to use it on Best Buy cable network, even though Toshiba made it. You would expect help from Best Buy. It's also like calling the manufacturer of a PC component, in a name brand pre-built PC. They would tell you to call the name of the PC on the front, like HP or Lenovo.

Scholar

• 

181 Messages

11 years ago

This is why HTC profits are going in the toilet. Crappy products..

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@htcphoneman wrote:

AT&Ts name is on the front of my phone. AT&Ts name is on it when I boot up. AT&Ts software is all over it. As far as I am concerned, this is an AT&T phone, manufactured by a company called HTC. I can only use it on the AT&T network, until my contract expires. It would be the same as buying a TV at Best Buy, that had Best Buy on the front, said Best Buy when you turned it on, had video streaming software call Best Buy Video or something, and you had to use it on Best Buy cable network, even though Toshiba made it. You would expect help from Best Buy. It's also like calling the manufacturer of a PC component, in a name brand pre-built PC. They would tell you to call the name of the PC on the front, like HP or Lenovo.

It's your prerogative to expect help wherever you wish.  However if you aren't getting the results that you want, you may want to consider an alternative.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.