Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 17, 2012
1:54:14 AM
View profile
HTC One X force close issue?

I recently received my HTC One X, and my phone is beginning to have issues where apps are force closing. It started with Pandora which now just loads, and stays on the "Pandora" screen, and  now it's my Gmail is beginning to force close as well.. .. Any idea as to why it may be happening? 

Note: I did recently just update both named apps above a few days ago, but ithey worked fine until now. 

I recently received my HTC One X, and my phone is beginning to have issues where apps are force closing. It started with Pandora which now just loads, and stays on the "Pandora" screen, and  now it's my Gmail is beginning to force close as well.. .. Any idea as to why it may be happening? 

Note: I did recently just update both named apps above a few days ago, but ithey worked fine until now. 

HTC One X force close issue?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 7:33:41 AM
(0)
Scholar

this happens to me oftenw ith Pandora.  Not sure why, but I have cleared the app cache a few times and that usually does the trick.  Gmail has been acting up a lot fo rme lately, mostly hanging on sync, which is again fixed with a cache dump and force close.  Not sure for the reason behind either of these.  I'm inclined to think the Pandora issue is on Pandora's end, but I'm starting to wonder if the gmail thing is somethign the One X or Sense are having trouble with .

this happens to me oftenw ith Pandora.  Not sure why, but I have cleared the app cache a few times and that usually does the trick.  Gmail has been acting up a lot fo rme lately, mostly hanging on sync, which is again fixed with a cache dump and force close.  Not sure for the reason behind either of these.  I'm inclined to think the Pandora issue is on Pandora's end, but I'm starting to wonder if the gmail thing is somethign the One X or Sense are having trouble with .

Re: HTC One X force close issue?

2 of 5 (1,726 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 7:44:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I don't ever recall any force closed issues with Pandora on my One X.  Try to clear the app cache as the above user suggested, otherwise backup your personal data and try a factory reset.

I don't ever recall any force closed issues with Pandora on my One X.  Try to clear the app cache as the above user suggested, otherwise backup your personal data and try a factory reset.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (1,723 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2012 7:45:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks garretttv and redpoint.. It seemed as though I had to turn off Fast Boot. It fixed the issue.. I appreciate the replies.. 

Thanks garretttv and redpoint.. It seemed as though I had to turn off Fast Boot. It fixed the issue.. I appreciate the replies.. 

4 of 5 (1,679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2012 7:27:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Dec 19, 2012 at 7:35:03 AM

Interesting, I've never had fast boot cause such problems.  Although I know right in the settings menu it says to turn if off if some apps are having problems.

Wonder if it was the fast boot feature itself, or the fact that it just needed a real reboot (which will not happen if you power off, then on with fast boot activated . . . but will do a full reboot if you select the "restart" option when holding the power button).

Interesting, I've never had fast boot cause such problems.  Although I know right in the settings menu it says to turn if off if some apps are having problems.

Wonder if it was the fast boot feature itself, or the fact that it just needed a real reboot (which will not happen if you power off, then on with fast boot activated . . . but will do a full reboot if you select the "restart" option when holding the power button).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (1,632 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments