The Samsung Galaxy S24
KJohnBoom's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, February 15th, 2014 7:13 AM

HTC One X - Updated to 4.2.2 - Excessive Battery Drain

Hello. I am not a Forum Post type of person, but this issue has annoyed me to no end

I've owned my HTC One X for over a year, and I've never had a battery drain issue. until The Update to 4.2.2. Now It wont hold a charge. I use to charge it overnight, take it to work come home and be fine until plugging it back in at night. I'm not a heavy data user. or a Talker.  nothing has changed about the situation except the update.  

I have also noticed. Now the charger I plug it into on my night stand is no longer "Recognised" it tells me it is now a slow charging port and that I need to use the original charger. Again. this issue didn't start until the Update So, I'm Hoping That I'm not the only one having this issue. and that if I'm not that there could be a fix in the future if not, I'll see what I can do to go back to 4.1.1

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I've been searching the web like crazy trying to find a solution to this. Look in the Usage section of Battery Manager in Settings. Android system uses the most battery life regardless of if my phone is sitting unused for hours or I'm using it a lot. Something called Settings Storage is at the top of the included packages list when I click on Andriod System. If I found out what is causing it I'll let you know. My phone used to use 3-5% of battery life when I'd leave it on overnight. Now it uses 20%. If I find a solution, I'll let you know. 

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

I would get a free battery monitor app in the Play Store.  There is a popular one bbs or something with three letters.  I use GSam but that is a paid app.  This way you can break down that Android System usage into understandable pieces.  Also, see how much power is really getting distributed since HTC took screen usage off that list.  

Interesting, Settings Storage.  I do recall HTC doing odd things to storage with the OneX and it carried over to the One.  It might have been a respone to Android introducing that TRIM function, helps with disk fragmentation I think.  

For example, my OneX and One used to allow storage use up to 500 Meg's free before it gave the warning about running out disk space.  With HTC's latest updates to both it now gives me warning right under 1gig.  At that point nothing new can be installed and some apps will not function.  Why the need to leave so much space wasted?  Storage handling definitely got funky recently with HTC.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Battery drain has significantly increased for me too after the update. Tried Power Saver but that causes other networking issues. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Well me too having the same issue, battery draining for no reason and usually it used for about 10 hrs but now it's just half for no real reason seen? Tried fromatting, reinstalling, battery calibration but with no luck. Contacted HTC and send the phone, am not paying for repair though and if they ask this would be last HTC phone in my family.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.