HTC One X Update Patches...

Teacher

HTC One X Update Patches...

I know there is already a thread for this subject but I have a question just a little different. Does anyone know how ATT schedules there so called update patches? Do they go by area, State, most usage? Ive been told that if I want OTA I have to wait until the message shows up letting me know the update is available and that ATT send it out in small patches at a time but I find myself checking it all day.  

Anyhow, if anyone has had any luck (or better luck than I) in getting some sort of schedule and or time est. for when the rest of us can expect the update, let me know. Im in Southern Cal. Thus far, nothing.

BTW, Im still open to hearing other JB OTA update info here too.

Thanks, New Forum Guy.

Message 1 of 4
Professor

Re: HTC One X Update Patches...

I haven't read any definitive description of the rollout order (who gets it when), only speculation.  I'm guessing only AT&T knows.

If you don't want to wait, just download the RUU from HTC's website, connect your phone to your computer, and run the RUU.  Keep in mind, that it will wipe the phone (everything except the "SD" partition), so backup anything important before you RUU.

RUU is actually a much cleaner method than OTA anyway, for the very fact that it wipes the phone, and IMO opinion makes for a much more error-free install.

Message 2 of 4
Teacher

I think that is what I will do. And correct me if I am wrong but paid apps can be retrieved? 

Message 3 of 4
Professor

cjohnson76 wrote:

I think that is what I will do. And correct me if I am wrong but paid apps can be retrieved? 

Paid apps can always be re-downloaded after an RUU or factory reset, if that is what you are asking.  Once you update the device and login to your Google account, the phone may even start to automatically download and install your apps (although it doesn't always work completely correctly).

Apps purchased on the Play Store can typically be downloaded to several devices.  Even if you change phones, or have additional Android devices (such as a tablet) you can still install the paid app on those other devices.  The purchase is tied to your Google account, not your device.

If you have app data you want backed up (such as game saves, etc.) the Carbon app on the Play Market has been mentioned by several folks on here as working very well.  Really the only such backup app for non-rooted devices.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support